How much is too much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PnL

Reaction score
Since I have been certified 5 weeks ago I've been diving every weekend except one. I would love to go every weekend ... If I could I would go a few times a week. And most of these dives are at Lake Perris (<10' visibility and limited area)! Am I obessive?? Is this too much diving? ..... or am I not diving enough :wink:

Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW - We found a sucken boat that harbors large schools of blue gill and lots of bass the other weekend. There are various concrete tubes and such that house large bass and tons of fry but the story is that the Rangers there don't want anything else dragged into the "swimming area" because they're afraid that divers will get entangled and drown. Of course, they let all the drunken folks on boats use the lake with little restriction!! :confused: :upset:

Paul,

You've obviously been bitten by the bug. I've been diving almost every week-when I get the chance. You'll be far better off in the long run. Your will hone your skills for the really important dives that you want to do.

Enjoy!

My name is o-ring and I am a diveaholic... I have been wet every weekend since July and I can't stop either. All your dives at Lake Parris will build your skills since the environment is challenging. Not to mention that scuba is a sport like any other and practice will only make you a better diver!

ScubaKims once bubbled...
Am I obessive?? Is this too much diving? ..... or am I not diving enough :wink:
Diving and flying (and one or two other things) have the same formula.
A lot is good, more is better, and too much is just right.
Rick

I dive locally every weekend as well as once during the week, averaging 6-8 dives a week.

The more time you spend in the water, the faster your skills will improve and become second nature to you.

There's no such thing as too much diving! :thumb:

Me too! I try to dive every weekend. So far I have although only one day. It has been fun and I can see the improvement. I plan to keep diving weather permitting.

:clapping:

:) I'm all smiles because I know I'm not being obsessive alone :)

My buddy called me this morning wanting to hit Laguna but I planned to work this weekend. What to do? Blow off work and go diving? Only do one dive and drive back to work (yeah right!). Must resist .... must work .... must not think about diving .... must resist. But then I'll leave my buddy without a buddy so he'll have a bad day so I should go out of compassion .... wait ... now I'm convincing myself to go ... justifying to leave work for diving .... its especially bad because his brother is going with him so he does have a buddy! (DOH!)

Oh well .. at least I get to dive beautiful and exotic Lake Perris with my wife next weekend :wink:

Paul

My suggestion is to keep diving as much as you want to and as long as you feel comfortable. The best piece of advice I can give you is take nothing forgranted, don't slack off your pre-dive preparation, remember that anything can happen on any dive, and dive within your limits. If I had the time & money I'd dive more than I do, but I'm pretty content with my frequency now. Later

-TT

Back
Top Bottom