How Much Money Did You Spend In Your First Year of Diving?

How much money did YOU spend in the first year after your certification as a diver?

• $ 0.00 - 500.00

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • $ 501.00 - 1000.00

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • $ 1001.00 - 1500.00

Votes: 33 10.9%
  • $ 1501 - 2000.00

Votes: 35 11.5%
  • $ 2001.00 - 2500.00

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • $ 2501.00 - 3000.00

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • $ 3001.00 - 3500.00

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • $ 3501.00 - 4000.00

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Over $4000.00

Votes: 89 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too much.

My excuse is that I won't be in Asia for ever, so I want to make the most of it while I'm here. And I did get my dive computer for Christmas. I only actually paid for... um, all the other stuff.

Zept

A lot - and it seems like more each year........

I don't know the total. I do know it's over $4000. I know I've gone over that for the second year too, and for my wife too.

I have a file folder full of reciepts, I've never totaled them. I don't plan on ever totaling them. :wink:

So far this year?????????
probably $1500 in the last couple months and........
Well, just yesterday over $2000. New drysuit for the wife. CLx-450, Undies and stuff to go with it. A new light, and a few other toys.

The good news is!!! Now that she has a drysuit she has no excuses to not go coldwater diving. I'm gonna get to dive a lot more this year!!!! Yippeeee!:) :) :)

In my first year, very little. This year, about my 30th year, I'm rapidly closing in on 10k. Things have changed a bit.

My first dive was done with a 72cf tank with j-valve, metal backpack (some things come full circle)a regulator (one of the first single hosers), a round mask, and a pair of fins with rubber straps that were part of the fin (not adjustable) and my swim suit.

My last dive was conducted with 4 tanks containing 3 different gasses, 4 complete regulators, a metal backplate (see?),a 40lb wing, 2 electronic guages, ad infinitum.....

I've seen a lot of change in this sport. It's been, and continues to be, a privledge to watch it grow and to grow with it.

Tom

The wife and I just got certified a week ago. NOT counting the trip I just paid for we are somewhere over $6000. The receipts are at home and I'd have to add them up to tell for sure.

I bought most of my stuff used and still spent well over 1300.00 actually come to think of it all my gear is used with the exception of weights and mask and gloves wow am i cheap!!:)

I voted "other" because the big money was spent before getting certified, not after, anyway it was in the 1.000-2.000 range.;-0

Come Onnnnnnn.........

Scuba Board should be thought of as.........

An Embassy!!!

Whatever you say or do here....you have COMPLETE IMMUNITY!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom