how much time to bag drag back to cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmmbelows

Contributor
Reaction score
Have a Sunday 4:00pm flight out of Cancun, how much time to allow leaving Cozumel on the ferry and taking the ADO bus back to Cancun?

To be safe take the 12 noon ferry. Better yet, see if you can get on the Mayair 10 minute flight if you can get there by 2 pm. Cost is about the same. Also check how much luggage you have to see if that is a problem. Lomas travel has a ticket office on ave 5 near where the old bowling alley was (near Chedraui).

Dave Dillehay

Thanks Dave. Luggage problem? Yep, have you met my wife?:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting your question mmmbelows, which prompted me to check the schedule for our April trip. I discovered that both my Ultramar and Mexico Waterjets links were no good. Updated those, and on the Ultramar rate page, saw this note:

Your tickets gives you right to a
luggage allowance up to a
weight of 25 kg and the total
linear size is no larger than
142 cm (45 cm + 70 cm + 27 cm)

If they're strict about that, we, with a checked bag and carry-on each, are going to have a problem.

We bagdrag once or twice a year depending on airfare. I would plan on one of the noon-ish ferries from Coz.

We usually plan on about 2 hrs 15 minutes total transit time from the Cozumel ferry departure to the airport. The ferry ride is about 45-50 minutes, the bus ride is just shy of an hour. There is a 15 minute slow walk or so from the ferry pier in Playa to the bus station. We have been lucky and never had to wait long for the next bus.

We have 2 suitcases that are as large as you can have on a plane without being upcharged and they both weight 45-47 pounds a piece and two large backpacks as carry ons. Never had a problem on the ferry or bus..... I can't say about Maya air. I will definately check out the before 2:00 discount rate on our next trip, hopefully in April.

Sorry you have to leave Coz, safe travels. Happy New Year!

Jay

How many in your group? Could consider hiring a van from playa to the airport.

We bagdrag once or twice a year depending on airfare. I would plan on one of the noon-ish ferries from Coz.
That's one reason the bag drag through Cancun to and from Cozumel has to save mucho dinero for it to be more attractive to me than flying directly in. Going to Cozumel through Cancun isn't that big of a deal; once my bags are checked I am On Vacation. Coming back, though, an extra 3-5 hours travel time and having to deal with bags in and out of taxis and/or buses multiple times is more of a pain than a couple hundred bucks' worth.

Have I ever mentioned that "traveling light" is not in our vocabulary? That may have something to do with my perspective. :D

Have a Sunday 4:00pm flight out of Cancun, how much time to allow leaving Cozumel on the ferry and taking the ADO bus back to Cancun?

I did it a couple of weeks ago and I caught the 11:20 ferry (more or less, my memory is not really great on numbers) and got to the airport much earlier than needed for my 4:00 flight so, as was mentioned, the 12:00 ferry should give you plenty of time.

The ferry was only 115 pesos which is equivalent to $5.63 US. I took UltraMar but I think the "other" ferry was charging less.

ADO was 178 pesos ($8.72 US)

In case you don't know (I didn't) the ADO bus stops at all three terminals, in order.

How many in your group? Could consider hiring a van from playa to the airport.

The taxi's from Playa are not part of the Cancun Taxi union and the prices are negotiable as opposed to the inflated ‘fixed’ price from the airport. Last February I flagged one on Juarez near the bus station and it ran me $600 MXN to the airport. It was quicker and he stopped at OXXO so I could grab a few beers. The ADO bus is nice but for 2 or 3 persons I would consider a taxi. More than three a van.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom