How North in St Lawrence can I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind the colder temperatures as you move towards the gulf, and the requirement for the FQAS when diving in Quebec. You can get temporary permits as well. Not a big deal, but it is a detail.

FQAS --> Accueil

Keep in mind the colder temperatures as you move towards the gulf, and the requirement for the FQAS when diving in Quebec. You can get temporary permits as well. Not a big deal, but it is a detail.

FQAS --> Accueil

Exactly. Water will be around freezing in the Les Escoumins area. It's also interesting because that area attracts huge whales (blue whales, but also humpbacks, belugas, etc) in the summer. You can do boat tours but could also sit on the shore and watch them. There's quite a steep drop off underwater so the whales will come quite close.

Les Escoumins is the north side of the river while the Empress dives leave from Rimouski in the south. There's an artificial reef near the Empress.

Parks Canada did an underwater archaeological expedition closer to the ocean on the north side of the river. I'm on my phone and can't google the details but you should be able to find something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom