How often do you clear your mask?

How often do you clear your mask during an average dive?

• Usually never after the initial clearing

Votes: 67 34.7%
  • Once

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Couple of times

Votes: 56 29.0%
  • 4-6 times

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • 7-10 times

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Dozen or more times

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • All the same if I wore a mask or not, I am constantly clearing it

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excuse my ignorance please and remember this is a safe forum:D but if you get a fin in the face isn't it your fault... kinda like following to close for conditions?

Usually but not always. In group herding dives so popular in some parts of the world its not impossible to be swinging alone quite happily and have someone land on you from above.

Also if conditions are crappy you HAVE to follow closely. Sometimes its within kicking range.

One habit i seen to have lately is kicking students in the face as they position themselves at about 45 degrees and frog kick gets them. They soon learn though and it does mean i know they're there as i can feel them bouncing off my foot :)

Toothpaste was the answer for me. Lots of toothpaste. I must have scrubbed mine about 10 times. But it worked. Now I put no fog in at the beginning of each dive and I never have to clear.

+ 1

Also smells nice and minty :D

All the freaking time. I have tried a butt, um sorry boat load of masks since I was snorkeling many moons ago in my youth to now diving (and still snorkeling). I guess I just have a fat and or odd shaped head because they all leak. Well either that or I'm leaking hmmmmm.

It varies. Sometimes more when I fog up. Sometimes hardly at all. I think I unknowingly breathe out a little through my nose at times. When I think about it, I don't think I clear as much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom