How often do you use your Gopro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol that dogs eyes are freaky, and GoPros are great for lots of stuff out of the water as Rocky says.

Even though we are off topic re diving I will post one of my funny dog videos this was one of my first GoPro videos that even got GoPro video of the day a while back.

[video=youtube;Y1ycqQavTS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ycqQavTS4[/video]

Regarding diving though the small size of the GoPro makes it not so much of a hassle to take it along with you. You can mount it to your head and just dive without needing to worry about it, and you get in interesting POV record of your dive. You can get a basic monopod or a full tray and light setup using it more like a traditional camera.

For the price of them they are a great way to get into underwater cameras and many will move on to larger camera's and when I get a larger setup I will likely just mount a gopro to it so I can do macro with the larger camera and use the gopro for wide shots.

The great thing is as the action cams are starting to push to much higher quality recoding its creating competition in the underwater camera market, so we all get the benefit as the manufactures start to battle for our dollars. As they are forcing all to raise their levels in order to compete you will end up benefiting no matter which brand or type of camera you end up buying in the future.

Thanks everyone for your inputs, I appreciate it. Since everyone is happy with their cameras and still using them on a regular basis I decided to place my order today. I'm looking forward to sharing some dive footage from Cape Town with the community and also to try some creative things like the footage with the dogs, which was really fun to watch :D.

It's a shame, really. Last night three of us went for a nice easy mountain bike ride. All three of us own gopro cameras, and of course all were left at home.

Guess who has two thumbs and went flying over the handlebars, while no gopro was there to capture it on video... this guy :D

I ride my bike at night after work and have encountered a number of critters---bobcats, deer, foxes, owls, etc. I recently stuck a GoPro mount on my helmet and have been experimenting with lights hoping to get some interesting video this winter. I even got a land-use 3D housing to tinker with, but not on my helmet, I think.

May be a while before I post any results, though, the hot water heater just crapped out at work...I don't like cold showers.

cue 3D Divers hotwater tank drip cam, or timelapse repairman twisting wrenches..............

grins.

yes cold water causes shrinkage, hence why my arms are so long when it's warm out.............he heh.

There's a local that uses the "chesty" mount for night riding with really cool results. He's got about $800 in lighting though!

I have two Sola 800 dive lights...I bet I could get a bar mount for them. Hmmmm....

I ordered a bunch of cheap 1000 lumen...well, 1000 Chinese lumen Cree XML...lights from DX extreme with the intent of hacking them together to light my rides. I also bought a 1200 lumen Majic shine knockoff that cranks out a lot of light---I'll get more of those if the cheap lights don't work out.

As for the Sola's...I've maxed out on what I can accomplish with my modified DRIS lights and will keep them in mind. I saw a pair of laluzoptics lights in action Sunday and was impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom