How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How old do you plan to dive til?​

I plan to keep diving until My Air Runs Out.

Whether my air runs out under water or lying in a bed is yet to be determined

Until I can no longer safely dive. I'm 77 and have gotten to the point where cold water diving in enough neoprene to stay warm is difficult and exhausting. So, I got a couple 19 cf ponys and rigged them to clip onto a belt so I can wear a 3mm and monkey dive shallow. I still plan on shore diving Bonaire & Curacao and slowly shifting to diving from boats in warm water. Once that's not possible I'll still snorkel.

Well I could swim before I could walk. So I hope to be diving until I can no longer walk.

And not to be grim, but if I had to choose any place to "sign out" it would be underwater where I'm happiest.
I was on a boat in Cozumel and lady stated she was going to dive until she was 90. I found out later she was 89. She only did the first dive of two and took a cab back to town.

I was on a boat in Cozumel and lady stated she was going to dive until she was 90. I found out later she was 89. She only did the first dive of two and took a cab back to town.

She completed a dive on her own, in Mexico, at 89 years old. And even hitched a ride back to her hotel. Probably had a martini when she got there. In my book --- that is what we call "winning"

I met two lady's in Palau in 1981. One was 91, the other 93. Both did all three dives off our panga that day. After Palau they were traveling to Australia to dive. They had recently been diving the wrecks of Scapa Flow in Scotland. I'd like to think they are still out there traveling and diving. 😎👀

For me, I'll stop diving when they pry my speargun from my cold dead hands. 😎

Some heart issues have changed and slowed my diving down considerably unfortunately, but the good news is I can still dive, just not the solo (or buddy) cave dives I used to do. So, with that in mind, I've been scuba diving since age 11 off and on, I'd like to continue on safely and slowly for as long as possible!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom