How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm loving reading these responses from the septuagenarians (and the octogenarian)--because I'm knocking on that door!

rx7diver

That's what valet diving is for. They carry the equipment around, and take it out of the water.
I know you can get away with it. I’ve seen many able bodied divers taking advantage. It’s just a personal thing.

I know you can get away with it. I’ve seen many able bodied divers taking advantage. It’s just a personal thing.
I understand. I felt that way too. I got over it. They get the tip, I get to dive. Fair deal.

When I'm not underwater. JOS - Jumpers Over Seventy. 35 of my closest friends over 70 set a skydiving world record.
Nice. Talk about a trust me dive!

That's what valet diving is for. They carry the equipment around, and take it out of the water.
There are also boats with elevators.

I'm 81 and still dive, though not nearly as much as I did even 5 years ago. The hardest part is not the diving, that's easy, it's getting in and out of the water with equipment. I only dive solo these days, mostly from shore, so only easy access places are possible, and for the past couple of years I use a small beach cart to get my tank and weights from my truck to the inlets/jetties. Boat diving in the Caribbean requires some assistance getting back in the boat of late, usually passing my tank up to the boat crew before climbing the ladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom