how to close sb account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I disagree with you sometimes and most of the time I still believe that you are wrong and I am right but I have a lot of respect for you and I think that you are genuine person and I am glad to have you as a friend and as somebody I know.

For some reason, I disagree with you here on SB a lot more than on FB. I never disagreed with your posts on FB, scary.

Cheers!!!
Because I am more likely to say stupid things here than I am on facebook. It's important to remember, the population of SB is here for my amusement. You folks on facebook are real people. See my tagline if you need more info.

PS. I disagree with most of what I post in the Pub. I try to stay straightforward in the diving forums. Those are real divers looking for real advice, which I am loaded with. Some good, some bad, all worth what you pay for it.

So, you can read reports even if you are not a moderator. But a moderator should really be addressing the report, not you. That would be a conflict of interest would it not.
Only if he were interfering in the moderation process. Which he isn't.

I should know, I'm one of those who has kicked him in his cojones more than once...

So, you can read reports even if you are not a moderator. But a moderator should really be addressing the report, not you. That would be a conflict of interest would it not.
Exactly. I would never address that report in the back room, nor would I moderate this thread. There is a moderator here, he often has me change my posts or deletes them all together, and is a generally good guy. He will take control of this thread and guide it to resolution. I will likely get my butt jumped.

The answer is, and meant for KWS whom I happen to like, is that we don't delete accounts, but I am willing to put the work into making it so his posts are not recognizable and he will not be able to log in anymore.

Some threads would get confusing if some of their posts were deleted. At best they'd have to remain with the main body replaced by 'Content deleted at request of user' or some such, but if others in the thread responded to the original content, it now wouldn't make sense. Forum threads are a resource for people researching topics, so it's a problem.

When someone gets moderated (as I have been, too), one or two posts in a single thread getting removed, often with a moderator making a post explaining there's been moderation, it's not quite as confusing. But if you remove every post in every thread someone's made over a few months or years, that's a different matter.

The moderation/censorship proper balance has been debated in prior threads, and doubtless will be in future threads. Hardly anyone appreciates it when the target, but largely unmoderated social networks can get obnoxious and inappropriate.

but largely unmoderated social networks can get obnoxious and inappropriate.
See "The Pub" as an example.

You folks need to start a tequila regiment.

I went and took a peek. Not much different than Twitter.
Much different from Twitter.

In the pub there are lots of experts.

Legal, constitutional, vaccine, disease, economic and the list goes on. Very very smart people in there.

Back
Top Bottom