How to fill my tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Henry

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a DAVV SCU30 High Pressure Air Compressor to use to fill my Luxfer 80CF Aluminum Blue BLS-LX80BU, and was wondering if anybody had some advice on what safety procedures I need to use.

My best advice is to return it ASAP. It's not for filling breathing air tanks, or anything over 1 Liter. From their own listing: "Motor Type: Single phase motor. Max Filling Volume: Less than 1L."

Yup, seems like you wasted $400.

upload_2018-6-12_13-19-36.png

uge-high-pressure-bike-tire-inflator-intl-5077-48020317-c6b289c1d8e2f7368830f44c07f79754-product.jpg

My best advice is to return it ASAP. It's not for filling breathing air tanks, or anything over 1 Liter. From their own listing: "Motor Type: Single phase motor. Max Filling Volume: Less than 1L."
i have been talking with chloris from davyenergy.com support, and she says it will work, but the tank needs to be filled in 2 separate 20 minute sessions - allowing cool down in between - does that sound right? thanks

No, it doesn't. I bet you don't have any filter stack either. Everything about that compressor except the pressure output says that it is wrong. As others pointed out, return it.

There is a reason compressors for scuba air are many times more expensive.

I wouldn't expect it to last long nor would I breath the unfiltered, oil rich air it produces. It just isn't the right tool for the job.

And, I don't get their math. I think based on the specs that filling an 80 would take you hours.

There is a reason compressors for scuba air are many times more expensive.

I wouldn't expect it to last long nor would I breath the unfiltered, oil rich air it produces. It just isn't the right tool for the job.

And, I don't get their math. I think based on the specs that filling an 80 would take you hours.
this is what she told me 5 minutes ago:

Fill the tank about 15min, then have a break till the machine cool down, and then start to fill again about 15min. This way could protect your machine not to wear out so easily. Anyway, scu30 is still a high cost performance product under 500 usd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom