How to find threads I'VE started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke:
Well, they are up in a message now, so I can try them a couple of times a day.

I will let you know how it works out.

Of course he could always put this in his favorites:

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=26457

Thanks.

Again I'm saavy enough to figure out workarounds, just seemed like this should be a standard (and convenient) feature under the user cp. Evidently the answer is no. 'Nuf said.

The feature is going to the search page, typing in your username and selecting what you want to search for. You can also access your profile and click a button to preform the same search query for you. You can even access your profile from the Quick Links drop down. Lots of ways to do the same thing.

Please try and remember that while we want to make the board as easy as possible for everyone there are over 25,000 of you and each page can only hold so much stuff while still being usable. As an example every single page of the site links to yoru profile page in two clicks (Quick Links --> Profile), the profile page inturn links to both types of searches for posts you made and threads you started. Clicking user cp to see the same option would require just about the same amount of work so again, the functionality is there, this forum uses an industry standard software, but there is always a learning curve against other forums, other sites and other ways of doing things.

Spectre:
I'm pretty sure searchid's timeout eventually.

I could be mistaken, it's a rare thing I know, but it's possible :wink:
Well, you are right this time.

That, of course, is no guarantee that you will ever be right again. :)

You can also find your user name on the SB homepage at the bottom where it lists all the members that are currently logged on. You will always be the first one. That is easier for me than finding a post I have made.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom