how to get rid of bubbles in my dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just pop the screen protector off, towel it dry, and put it back on?
Have you ever done it? Its a royal pain and risks breaking the tabs that hold it in place. Seriously. Do you towel dry all your gear? :wink: Evaporation will solve the non-existant problem.

Have you ever done it? Its a royal pain and risks breaking the tabs that hold it in place. Seriously. Do you towel dry all your gear? :wink: Evaporation will solve the non-existant problem.
I feel the same way. I haven't tried to remove the protector on a Cressi, but other brands where I have do feel like it would be very easy to break the tabs. I can't imagine doing it after every dive and having it last too long.

So, expect some water spots in the inside once it has dried. At the least, do be sure to rinse it with fresh water after you dive salt water, to avoid the worst ones. What I find more annoying is when the bottom side moisture fogs it up on a hot day, making it difficult to read the display when topside. But I have no suggestions on what to change about these designs. My first computer had a stick-on (vinyl?) screen protector, like for an old Palm Pilot. That would catch the scratches, but wouldn't really protect from impact damage. Which is why I think those plastic snap-ins with the dead buffer space behind are now so common.

upload_2018-12-28_19-17-25.png

The above nozzle is common at dive resorts that cater to photographers. Most have a dedicated freshwater dunk tank. You come back from the morning dive, dunk your camera......NOW you have to get it dry enough to open, change batteries, and assemble for the afternoon. Blowing it mostly dry with the above airgun/nozzle works pretty well.

just a couple of droplets under the screen protector, nothing to worry about.
Just leave it as it is to air dry, no need to take apart or anything. (After fresh water rinse of course)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom