How to identify a good Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was so good, that apart from my professional quals, I did 10 certifications from PADI, five from BSAC, three from IANTD, I then got my instructor ticket. After I had qualified, they gave me a full time job for two years, and I ended up as the General Manager.

It was all about having fun. If you are not having fun then don't do it.

as an example, we used to have underwater running races on the open water course. take off your fins, and run from one side of the deep end to the other.

Another instructor and I would take green plastic inflatable guitars underwater and take off our masks, and put sunglasses on to be the Blues Brothers ...

I worked out I spent £3500 in my first year, which was amazing, as I was only earning £300 per month whilst doing my courses.

How many other dm candidates learnt compressor maintenance, wet suit maintenance and production, inflatable boat operation with maintenance?

A very good dive shop. Shame it has now closed as the owner and the senior female instructor fell in love and got "proper" jobs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom