How to make a sidemount at home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

copter53

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some1 had posted a link before to an excellent article with pics and all.

Can you repost please???

Thanks

---------- Post Merged on August 13th, 2012 at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 11th, 2012 at 08:07 PM ----------

Please some1 link it please?

Well maybe because not too many people are making their own "sidemount rig". Had you asked for homemade stage or deco bottle rigging you'd have gotten a bunch of replies. It was a simple misunderstanding of terms.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I made a Fauxmad a couple years ago using a Oxycheq travel plate and a Rec Wing. If you'd done a search you probably would have found it.

But then again, even though that's what you asked for it's not what you wanted anyway...

We made our own sidemount rigs about ten years ago because there really weren't any available at that point. I can tell you that there was some serious trial and error involved. I did end up with a pretty good rig and yes I'm still diving it, but I'd suggest going straight to Cave Adventurers and having Edd set you up. You'll accomplish in two days what took me at least a year--it's well worth the money.

599495_486100691402010_1103043655_n.jpg

It does not help that the wikipedia article had a backmount diver with deco bottles on the sidemount page for several years.

Like it or not Wikipedia is where the world turns for overview type info on everything.

Sidemount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dammit it is still there. Whoever is watching that page has their head up their ass. People, who know what they are talking about, keep deleting that picture and the stupid person who is watching the page keeps reverting the picture to the backmount diver with deco bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom