How to make a sidemount at home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's up with the picture of the guy on his back needing help to get up after donning his rig, though?
shoot, after reading Wikipedia, I'm all trained. Who needs the course?
It's almost better than the one of the cat;

Britishsidemount6.jpg

No, I take that back - it's way funnier than the cat.

And apparently he learned to sidemount dive by reading wikipedia.

I think he just fell down trying to walk with his gear and fins on. :)

It's almost better than the one of the cat;

View attachment 132853

No, I take that back - it's way funnier than the cat.

And apparently he learned to sidemount dive by reading wikipedia.
Could you imagine diving with the cylinders firmly in place like that? Them Brits! It's like the MG or Triumph of sidemounting! :D :D :D

I'll assume that is yours, since it was not there a bit ago. That is awesome; that is exactly what the article needed. Step by step ways of saying this is sidemount, this is not. While something looks kinda like sidemount, that's not sidemount, but this other thing is. While recognizing that sidemount mounting techniques can make 'slinging' stages/deco tanks much much cleaner, as 'stairman' noted above....

Yeah, I put some chunks out of my course notes on there. I'd want to put more on, but then there'd be no reason for people to visit my blog and read my course notes :wink:

Ok...forget chunks. No diving today, so it got a major facelift LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidemount

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom