How to secure fins on BC after dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sometimes carry a bungee cord in my dive bag, loop 2 sets trough and clip to the carry handle on the BDC, but if I dont have a tank on, then I use the tank band to hold them (again loop trough the straps) as I have seen somebody loose theirs

We do a lot of surf entries around here.
I've used one of these for years on my entries and exits on shore dives, and never lost a fin.
My buddies see it and want one too.

loop.jpg
Clip it to a ring on your BC or harness (I prefer my left side).
Thread the open end of the webbing through your fin snaps and snap it closed.
One strap can easily hold two fins.

When people get knocked down in the surf their first instinct is to reach out with their open hand to stop the fall...
and goodbye fins.
No strap? At the very least they should loop the fin straps around their wrists.

K.

Double ender, thick bungee...

Else, use your HP hose and run it thru that to your waist D-Ring if you have that setup

_R6FA56E33-A46A-4EF2-ABF1-1B9F3742D8F2.jpeg

We do a lot of surf entries around here.
I've used one of these for years on my entries and exits on shore dives, and never lost a fin.
My buddies see it and want one too.

View attachment 561401

When people get knocked down in the surf their first instinct is to reach out with their open hand to stop the fall...
and goodbye fins.
No strap? At the very least they should loop the fin straps around their wrists.

K.
I use one sort of like this.

497502-4e1f572306acfd4a390e3cad7886a05e.jpg

^---This

I use a simple tech style SPG with a bolt snap tied on to it’s HP hose clipped to my left hip D ring. I just run the SPG through the heel straps and clip the SPG back off to the D ring.

no extra weird straps, clips, bungees or other stuff.

I take the Alton Brown approach: no such thing as a good unitasker

Third and fourth vote for this. Mine daughters has a bolt snap and a smaller second look for a mask if necessary. Really useful to keep hands free on shore entry and exit, holds everything together if BC to be floated and put on in shallow water, keeps everything together on boat interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom