How to use a diver watch bezel like a Rolex submariner????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use one of these cheap apex watches:
109442389_515e09f58d.jpg
If my watch looked like that on a dive i would know i had been in for about 50 minutes.

It has dots all the way round so i just set it to match the minute hand at the start of the dive then I just see what number the minute hand is pointing to on the bezel to know how much dive time has elapsed. It only rotates counter clockwise so if it gets knocked it will say i have been in the water longer than i actually have so worst case i would end up being too conservative.

Nothing wrong with the Apeks watches... Seiko-Epson VX42E/date quartz analogue movement, perfectly good for dive timing using either count down or count up method

Here's how I would use a Rolex submariner. Step one: Sell it. Step two buy a good dive watch for 1/10th the price. Step 3: Buy a boat with the money I have left over.

Hmm, RU brainiacs unable to remember what time you got in? :D

I remove my watch and use a dive computer.... I had no idea anyone used a dive watch with such limited functionality. My day to day watch has a chronograph so I could set the elapsed timer if I chose to dive with it. My Epic is watch sized, so that is my watch and dive computer while on vacation.

There is a video about using the Rolex Sub. I really like the Rolex Deepsea used by James Cameron in the deepest dive ever. What a watch, it is 45mm, HUGE.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2012 at 02:47 PM ----------

Sorry, forgot to mention the video is on Youtube. Just search how to use the Submariner on Youtube.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2012 at 09:10 AM ----------

My current dive watch is a Citizen Eco Drive GMT WR-300. Large and easy to read under water, even with my eyes, and quite bright at night.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2012 at 09:18 AM ----------

I wear both the watch and my N2Ition when diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom