how to use quotes and replay to many posts in one response ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
for example, when asking a question and you get 10 replies, how do you quote them and add your input in one reply?

Use the icon on the bottom of the post all the way to the right

for example, when asking a question and you get 10 replies, how do you quote them and add your input in one reply?

Edited due to process change...

You can also highlight selected sections of each, past them into your reply then highlight and use the quote icon but that will loose the attribution for each one. Attribution being the little blue arrows by the posters name - clicking on them takes you to the original post by that person. It's useful when multi-quoting across threads or forums.

Last edited:
Just to add--they will come in he order in which you check them, so you can manipulate that if there is a reason to do so.

Question, if you compose on an iPad notepad and paste it on the iPad format of SB on safari, will the format change?

Question, if you compose on an iPad notepad and paste it on the iPad format of SB on safari, will the format change?

Beats me. Why not go to our testing site, give it a shot, and report back here?

Multi-quote isn't working for me as described above.

On the first post to be included I click on "+Quote" and get "Message added to multi-quote." as a banner.
On the second post I click on "Reply, quoting this message".

Only the second post is quoted, the first post is never included.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I click the +Quote link in the posts I want to quote.

Then I come down to the bottom where I type this message and click the "Insert Quotes" button.

Multi-quote isn't working for me as described above.

On the first post to be included I click on "+Quote" and get "Message added to multi-quote." as a banner.
On the second post I click on "Reply, quoting this message".

Only the second post is quoted, the first post is never included.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The "Insert Quotes" button does not appear until you click at least one +Quote

What guruboy posted is now the way to multi-quote apparently.

After you click the Insert Quotes button, you should see another dialog box allowing you to change the order of the quoted posts b4 being taken to the New Post window for further editing options.

Note that any posts selected - will show as - Quote - remain that way until the post is made or they're deselected.

Xenforo must've changed the process in one of the recent updates...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom