How would you handle this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you describe is an inaccurate description of the "incident" to which I believe you are referring.

What I was referring to happened back in 2009 so I suspect we aren't thinking of the same thing.

Looks like you guys will be able to get that area protected which will hopefully satisfy everyone involved. It looks like in the end it all turned out OK.

I am definitely liking the way this is turning out. I have been following this from the beginning on both forums. I am in agreement that the Coves should be protected and I am also in agreement that divers should be able to hunt. To make a blanket statement of "no hunting period" is ridiculous. I think that everyone can work together to achieve a set of goals without alienating any one group.

I got a very nice email from Dylan's mom earlier today. The trial is over, the verdict is in, and her judgment is that it was "a learning experience". Now it's time to move on.

The "no hunting period" is a false argument ... nobody's seeking that. Nobody ever has been. We're seeking goals that can be broadly supported, and that one wouldn't be. It's a non-starter ... period.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I got a very nice email from Dylan's mom earlier today. The trial is over, the verdict is in, and her judgment is that it was "a learning experience". Now it's time to move on.

The "no hunting period" is a false argument ... nobody's seeking that. Nobody ever has been. We're seeking goals that can be broadly supported, and that one wouldn't be. It's a non-starter ... period.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't mean that you were asking for this. I have seen a few people chime in at different locations saying that the WDFW should ban octo hunting in the entire Sound. That is what I don't agree with. Sorry if I came across as though you were saying that. There wills always be those few that want to stop all hunting. :no:

perhaps you could take him as a last minute passenger to Africa?

I hope you get a chance to take Dylan diving. Perhaps he could use a role model or dive mentor?
I missed taking Jerry Garcia diving on Oahu because he went and died in '95 - he didn't have time in 1990 when he played with his band at the Waikiki Shell. I gotta tell you - I'm not sure I'd want to deal with Bob Dylan. I'll leave that to Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom