How you see yourself....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see myself as a leader, a leader by coaching. Is that strange?
Do think you might coach this guy a little and explain to him that being a Tech Diver definately requires more training and dives than he has. Even offer assistance in getting him going in the direction to what he might want to be instead of knocking him down on a public forum as some kind of a bad example.
Cheers

dlndavid:
How many dives in your book does it take to be a tech diver anyway?

Being a tech diver is not about the # of dives you have. My O/W instructor had about 5K dives...but not a tech diver.

Thats like saying how many hours behind the wheel (driving to-from work)before you become a racecar driver.

Coogeeman:
I published a book on Australia's best SCUBA diving sites last year.

It's called "Atlas of Australian Dive Sites" Travelers Edition. Its on Amazon if you want to have a look at it.

Coogeeman

Keith,
It looks like a very good book, and recently published.
This would make you a writer. (and with over 2500 dives, a diver)
When I get a chance to dive in Australia I'll be sure to get it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...04615/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-4880580-5817665

David

Thanks dlnDavid I appreciate the feedback on the book and if you head out this way I'll happily take you to some cool places.

I wasn't trying to knock the guy down, and I apologise if it came across that way. I walked away from the conversation thinking it's interesting that he perceives himself as a tech diver. He may be a great diver, a natural but it was the understanding of "Tech Diver" where we differed in opinion. Then I stated to think about how people see themselves and hence the thread.

I don't know the guy from Adam and it's not really for me to coach him with regards tech diving. If he see's himself that way then so be it.

I see myself as an elite athlete come sex symbol but when I look in the mirror what I see staring back definately isn't that. That I can tell you for sure!

Coogeeman

:shocked: I was going to suggest to dindavid that he put "Teen Diver" in his Sig so he could get some slack for posting like that. :lol2: Nope, too old for that.

Coogeman is actually a " PADI MSDT with 13 different specialties," and published in his field. He gets my salute any day!

Coogeman, I hope you'll give us a chance around here. Sometimes it's easier to ignore the Trolls than try to deal with them.

Coogeeman:
I see myself as an elite athlete come sex symbol but when I look in the mirror what I see staring back definately isn't that. That I can tell you for sure!

Coogeeman

LOL

And thanks for the invite, don't know when I can make it down under. But I'll be sure to look you up. I'll have you autograph my copy of your book.

Oh, and if you squint the eyes a little bit, in low light, it works for me.

Cheers

btw.....whahoo, post 200

I see myself as a wog. Twenty logged dives, only one of them slightly below 50 feet. I should be starting some of the dives for the advanced class soon (Tahoe will be an altitude dive, if I get to go), but I don't think I'll really consider myself 'advanced' once I get the cert for it. Certainly not ready to tackle Monastery!

Ishie

dlndavid:
btw.....whahoo, post 200

I think I am qualifed to say that number of posts on SB mean ****.

Well, maybe he does deep cave and wreck dives on vacation twice a year. Six months apart, 5 very deep dives with deco obligations each dive.

I see myself as a rec diver, who likes to stare at the bottom a bit too much.

Xanthro

I see myself as a novice diver that is certified, with not enough dives, stumbling, trying to master the skills that were taught in OW training. Still confident enough in diving skills that I can overcome any difficulties my buddy or I might have if I stay within my skill level.

Back
Top Bottom