Howdy from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I have made a few posts, but have not properly introduced myself.

My name is Mike and I have been diving since 1986. I was certified in the beautiful waters of Lake Travis :wink: and have made somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 dives. I am a PADI Rescue diver, nitrox certified, and I am an Emergency First Responder. I have no intention of going for my divemaster rating because I do not want to be a professional. I do read up on diving medicine, phyics, and theory and try to stay well informed of anything related to diving.

In 1993 I was in a very serious car accident and wasn't sure I would ever walk again, let alone be able to enjoy the sports I loved. Through several years of intensive therapy and dedication, I made a full recovery.

In 1998, I won a trip to Cozumel through work, and decided to dust off my scuba gear and I went to my local dive shop to get recertified. I actually took an extensive refresher course. I did a few lake dives prior to my Cozumel trip and when I got to Cozumel, I remembered what I had been missing even though Cozumel had already changed alot by then (my last visit to Cozumel had been 6 years earlier).

The first couple of years back in the water consisted of one or two trips a year, and now I make anywhere from 3 to 5 or 6 dive trips a year depending on what kinds of deals I can find. I frequent Cozumel because it is quick an easy from Houston.

I have dove the Flower Gardens, Bonaire, Cozumel (obviously), Turks and Caicos, Grand Cayman, USVI, BVI, Belize, Hawaii, the Red Sea. I have made both land based trips as well as several liveaboard trips.

I discovered Scuba Board last week when a dive buddy of mine was telling me about a post she read here. She sent me the link, and here I am.

My participation will be sporadic due to my work obligations. I travel alot for work and sometimes don't have 5 minutes to myself. But I will be around when I can. I have found myself reading the board for hours this weekend. There is a wealth of information and lessons to be learned here.

Thank you webmasters for this forum.

Welcome, Mike!

Enjoy the board whenever you can, and glad to read that you're back among the diving!

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 16 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I am not at all a computer whiz, but I have most of these controls figured out. If I can help you learn to navigate around here, send me a PM. Click my handle in the upper left here, then click Send PM...

don

:D

Back
Top Bottom