Howdy from Tulsa Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canucklehead

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently transplanted Canadian living in the great state of Oklahoma. Heading for Cozumel TWICE this year (June and July).... I can hardly wait.

Wow that is a change--welcome!

Canucklehead:
Recently transplanted Canadian living in the great state of Oklahoma. Heading for Cozumel TWICE this year (June and July).... I can hardly wait.

Welcome to the great state of Oklahoma.. Not much diving here, but that's why we head to the Carribean. GOing to Cayman, Cozumel and Bonaire this summer/fall and Beaver Lake, AR this month for DOG days.

Welcome to the board! Have you experienced any culture shock?

Joe

Welcome to the board from Gozo, Malta! And Happy Safe Diving!

Nice welcome, thanks.

We were a little disappointed at the lack of diving opportunities here in OK. As soon as we moved in, checked in with a couple of LDS, and while there is some diving, mostly in lakes around here and in Arkansas, the visibility is somewhat limited (6' or less in some cases!)

We moved here from Montreal, and there was lots of wreck diving in the St-Lawrence around the Thousand Islands with super viz (at least the zebra mussels were good for one thing). However, my son and I (he's 15, certified in 2002) certainly prefer the Caribbean! We dove together in Coz last year in March, which was his first warm water diving. Needless to say, he (and I) loved it. Nothing like a relaxing drift dive, with tons of sea life.

I have been diving before in Turks and Caicos, Key West and St-Lucia. We're going back to Coz as a family in June for 2 weeks, and then I'm going back solo in July on a trip with a dive shop out of Oklahoma City.

Our dream trip is to go to either Australia or the South Pacific, but I'd also like to try Bonaire, Roatan and Greece.

As for culture shock, this isn't our first stint in the US. In fact, my son was born in Ohio. We can't say enough about what a great town Tulsa is. Kind of a best-kept secret I think. The people are incredibly friendly and we are still amazed at how nice everyone is.

Howdy there! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

Back
Top Bottom