hows it new to this but old school diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
just thought id say hi , been diving now for fifteen years , but have only dived the same region in that whole time ?? and still love it ,
am new to this computer stuff and the old dial up is s l o w ,
i am looking at upgrading some of my gear at the mo and was looking at a weight intergraded bc and a computer (still using tables at the mo and havent ever dived with a computer bit of a technophobe) can anyone recomend either of these
would like something real simple to use and clear to see as where i dive your lucky to see a couple of arms away
cheers

Hi Cray - I haven't been diving long, but my husband is a DiveMaster and has over 30 yrs of diving under his belt. He and I both use the weight integrated BC's. He's a ScubaPro fanatic and swears by everything they make. I trust his knowledge. He's using the ScubaPro Knighthawk BC and I'm looking at the ScubaPro Bella. As for the computers, there are a multitude of makes/models out there. Suunto and Oceanic make some pretty simple to read/understand computers... do some research and compare different models before making a final choice, but I can tell you that the computers are very reliable and trustworthy... you might check at your some of your local dive shops, as some let you "rent" or try their merchandise before you buy. Good luck!!!!

thanks for that info , I would rather here it from some one whom dives with one than a sales person whom has never actually used one,

It's hard to get an unbiased answer out of a diver on a forum like this. It's natural that if you use a particular product and like it, that you will likely think it's the greatest product on the market. Few divers have used enough makes/models of BCs in Openwater to develop an informed opinion on any of them. I'd recommend that you do your research so as to narrow the field i.e. BC, back-inflate, BP/W and go to a few dive shops to check-out the various models in your price range. Compare materials, warranty, fit and price and make your selection.

When it comes to computers you have to decide if you want it air integrated or not, the gases you plan on using and the computer's compatibility with these. For me the selection has to do with the tables that each computer is based upon. Again, do your homework and the list will narrow itself so you may select something that's in your price range and you will be happy with. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom