HP hose bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel once bubbled...
Is it common for bubbles to _very slowly_ form on the outside of the HP hose?

Not common but it's certainly time for a new hose :)

Tom

This is a brand new hose... I just put it on an hour ago...

To replace the other one, which was also brand new and also slowly bubbled.

Bubbles from the skin of the hose??? You're not talking about bubbling from the point where it attaches (on either end) are you?

You get them both from the same place? Unless someone has a better answer I'm thinking bad batch of hoses from the manufacturer. I would visit another shop probably in hopes of getting one from a different batch.

What does the shop say about this?

Tom

... HP and LP hoses have perforations in the outer protective rubber layer to vent gas non-explosively should the inner core leak.

If this happens your hose will instantly become a fizzy bubbler and you know the jig is up.

What you are seeing is trapped air being sqeezed out of the holes on pressurization... sometimes it will be little bumps of trapped water instead of air... it is normal.

The pressure is contained by the inner core which is reinforced by the cording and that is protected by the outer sheathing. The outer sheathing does not hold the pressure by design.

Check it out.... look closely and you will see the little holes in a regular pattern.

this should not be a continuous thing, no? A couple bubbles out on pressurization then no more. I got the impression his was continuously bubbling.

Tom

I got the impression his was continuously bubbling.
that the bubbles very slowly formed.

If the inner core is leaking... bubbles won't form on the hose... it will literally fiz like a bubbler wand you put into a fish tank... especially the HP hose :D

Back
Top Bottom