Huge visibility on the North Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, 80' vis is awesome. Sounds like it was a really good trip! I am glad you guys had a good time. I wanted to go, but ended up teaching a class in Monterey. We only had about 20' at the Breakwater with swarms of Jellyfish.

Kudos Eric to a successful event.
Andy - We saw the biggest octopus at Bullrock I have ever seen! I couldn't believe the size of his head and tenacles! The vis was amazing.

I was at the same campground, and you didn't come by to say hello? Geesh! The vis was absolutely the best I've seen on the coast in 20 years!

I didn't know you were at Albion campground until after the weekend passed. There were political reasons why I didn't visit the other campsite.

You should have stopped by our area and said hi. Mike Rogers was right next to us.

I actually backed Mike's boat up for him on Saturday, but I didn't recognize anyone over there. Anyways, I don't know the politics, and I guess that is a good thing? Brian M invited me to go and I don't usually get the opportunity to go out on a boat on the north coast, so we met up with a group of divers I had not met before, including Mike R. He took me out on his boat, and I had a great time. The group I was camped next to was very nice, but we ended up camped next to Paul and Paul, not associated to any dive group. We had a great time meeting new people and diving new spots. Next time, I will just barge in and introduce myself.

I actually backed Mike's boat up for him on Saturday, but I didn't recognize anyone over there. Anyways, I don't know the politics, and I guess that is a good thing? Brian M invited me to go and I don't usually get the opportunity to go out on a boat on the north coast, so we met up with a group of divers I had not met before, including Mike R. He took me out on his boat, and I had a great time. The group I was camped next to was very nice, but we ended up camped next to Paul and Paul, not associated to any dive group. We had a great time meeting new people and diving new spots. Next time, I will just barge in and introduce myself.

That was Paul Whyte and Paul Damgaard, they had the red inflatable right?
They were over at the far end of "C" section. I know those guys from way back from my Redwood Empire Diver club days. In fact I'm the one who ran into both of them at point arena a few months back and got them that site. A buddy of mine had it first and moved into my site then sold that one to Paul.
Small world, eh.

Don't be so shy, swing by next time, or better yet join us at the next "Eric's North Coast Party" (not affiliated with NCD in any way shape or form)

Hi Tessa,

Sorry I missed you. I would have loved to see that Octopus. Let me know the next time you are going to the coast.

Are you going to be camping at Still Water this weekend Tessa? The weather report is looking good so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom