HUMOR: How do these people survive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how many driving instructors are out there but my wife is one. How many others have been telephoned in response to their advert and asked about diving lessons! It wouldn't matter if she was a certified OWI but she's only an AOW!

I can remember working as a labourer at our local cement works many years ago. There was another summer vacation student working there who managed to impress all the full time employees with his common sense. He had so much of this commodity that on being asked to go to the stores for a post hole ( we were putting in a new gate ) he promptly set off. He didn't seem to learn. He also went off for striped paint and a glass hammer on other occasions. The regulars couldn't believe that this privileged youth qualified for a University education.

Have to say this is a great thread.

Laborer at cement works sounds like pretty hard work. Seems to me it would be a hell of a lot easier shopping for post holes. Unless someone was docking his pay, you may want to reconsider who the smart one was; the guy shopping for nonsense or the guys laughing about it as they did his job also!

good point!! Maybe the student was out shopping for signs for all the cement workers!:D

-Mike

When I was in the Navy, I was once asked to go get 1500 feet of shoreline.

So I went for a walk on the beach.
:)

I used to work as a volunteer for an EMS dept in rural East Texas, and periodically we would get one of those calls.

Single car accident, driver moderatly injured from facial impact with steering wheel with car in ditch. When asked what happened he related he was just out crusing and got to a "Y" in the road. He couldn't make up him mind which way to go fast enough and ended up going straight.... into the ditch between the two turns. He was sober too.

oops...

Tom

this seriously has to be one of the funniest threads out there. gave me a good laugh! :giggle:

Kayla :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom