Hurricane? Are You Doing Anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad you folks just got a little blow with some rain. It could have been much worse.

I know you are right

has anybody thought about what a "bad case scenario" would mean for them?

What would really happen? No food in the stores for....like how long, realistically?

cause we don't need AC, have water, have high places to get to...can walk most places

what would really happen exactly? (if it was bad)

catherine96821:
I know you are right

has anybody thought about what a "bad case scenario" would mean for them?

What would really happen? No food in the stores for....like how long, realistically?

cause we don't need AC, have water, have high places to get to...can walk most places

what would really happen exactly? (if it was bad)
Yes, I have thought about it. We had some really dire predicitions immediatley after Ivan, which thankfully didn't come to pass. Watching the aftermath of Katrina was horrifying (and not just in New Orleans- all along the Mississippi Gulf Coast as well).

Glad it was a false alarm. Now do you feel ready for the next time??? ML you can send the kitties to WI next time...

We're not out of the woods yet. Now we're under a Tsunami advisory! Glad my house is in the hills. Though the boat is a concern!

MeiLing:
We're not out of the woods yet. Now we're under a Tsunami advisory! Glad my house is in the hills. Though the boat is a concern!
Really?

Where are you getting this info?

The list of NOAA alerts doesn't have anything: http://www.weather.gov/alerts/hi.html

KrisB:
Really?

Where are you getting this info?

The list of NOAA alerts doesn't have anything: http://www.weather.gov/alerts/hi.html
Honolulu Advertiser website and Honolulu Star Bulletin websites. Yahoo home page.

There was a 7.9 magnitude quake in Peru.

From Yahoo:

The Hawaii-based Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami warning for the coasts of Peru, Chile, Ecuador and Colombia, and a tsunami watch from Panama to Mexico.
It also issued a tsunami advisory for the U.S. state of Hawaii.

Perhaps NOAA is a little too busy right now alerting the more mainstream news mediums to deal with updating their website.

from Bloomberg
The quake set off tsunami signals and advisories for Peru, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras and Hawaii. The alerts were later canceled.

Dave

Teamcasa:
from Bloomberg
The quake set off tsunami signals and advisories for Peru, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras and Hawaii. The alerts were later canceled.

Dave

The Honolulu Advertiser's now reporting the cancellation also. Good! I'm a little weary of impending doom! When I first read about the advisory, my first thought was, "Oh crap! I don't really feel up to getting the boat out to sea!:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom