Hurricane? Are You Doing Anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a big fan of Enya playing

he he....JAL?

who plays Enya on the landing? Just hope the pilots aren't Enya types (I like her myself, but I prefer the pilots to be less new agey)

"Oh crap! I don't really feel up to getting the boat out to sea!
would you really do that? I wouldn't. I'd sit right here and watch out the window.

...what if it slaps you on the dock though?

If it was coming I wouln't go near the shore.

You must have a lot of faith that they get the timing right.

And then, what if your dock is all gone? ...and all that stuff floating in the water like Phuket.. Now, I can see if you are already on your boat in a marina or something....

(did you read those posts by people diving in Phuket when it hit?)

catherine96821:
...what if it slaps you on the dock though?

If it was coming I wouln't go near the shore.

You must have a lot of faith that they get the timing right.

And then, what if your dock is all gone? ...and all that stuff floating in the water like Phuket.. Now, I can see if you are already on your boat in a marina or something....

(did you read those posts by people diving in Phuket when it hit?)

Obviously, I'd only chance it if there were 4-6 hours or more. If the quake happened overseas. They've been pretty accurate about the times in the past. But they've only been tiny waves.

If you were already in the marina and it was close, you'd be screwed. I was here when we had a full blown warning, sirens and all in the early '80's. Close to the expected time, there was total chaos and gridlock. There's got to be enough time for you to get there and for you to get the boat out like several miles. If you ever do happen to be in an inundation zone when one is coming with short notice, climb floors in a cement building. Don't get into a car.

I hadn't read the posts, I didn't join until a few months ago. I'm sure it was a mess there as it would be here.

well, CNN is reporting something was picked up and they timed it for 2am for us.

call in the kids again!

okay...now its cancelled

yeah, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center is reporting that we might see some strange stuff around 2:14am, but nothing destructive.

I am glad to hear you guys and gals are ok, now if this Tsunami thing would leave you alone I would feel even better.

I heard something about "might affect currents"

so pay attention, peeps.

I know after the BIG tsunami from Sri Lanka, the water temperature changed really suddenly (colder)

catherine96821:
I heard something about "might affect currents"

so pay attention, peeps.

I know after the BIG tsunami from Sri Lanka, the water temperature changed really suddenly (colder)
Well, the current around Molokini was flying today... it made for a fun drift dive! :D

how was your "passage?"
backside or inside?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom