Hurricane? Are You Doing Anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been watching too. My son lives in Hilo. I'm relieved that it didn't decide to track north and instead just "brush" past. Now it's just gonna be a bad-a storm instead of a disaster. Also very glad that the quake wasn't worse. (Epicenter was 9 miles from his place!)

MeiLing:
We're probably all from the same era. I think it was the most popular name, or at least in the top three) the year I was born. I remember having something like four or five "Lisa's" in some of my grade school classes.
Back when I was born, back before dirt; Mom tells me no one ever heard of it and thought she made it up. And ‘that’s a terrible thing to name a girl.’ Soooo, maybe not the same era. :) When I was a kid she used to ask me if I wanted to change it…like Anastasia was more acceptable LOL.

I think my cynicism for the lack of preparedness of the average Honolulu citizen has been pretty apparent in my posts in this thread, but this just takes the cake!

According to the 10 o'clock news tonight, repair shops are being flooded with folks bringing in their broken down generators!:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

A generator isn't a bad thing to own on this island. Truthfully, if I had a garage, I'd probably own one too. But to wait until there's an impending crisis to get it into working order?:confused: Give me a break!

Personally, I thought it was too funny that I found that there had been a huge run on generators during our itty bitty power outage on the day of the Earthquake. Went to Home Depot a few days later to buy something and saw a big sign stating, "No Return on Generators". Apparently, they sold out that day 'cause folks were unhappy that they couldn't watch their TV's. Must spend $900 on a generator they don't think they have any other need for. Boohoo, missed a football game! Unbelievable! No wonder why I have no faith in humanity!

Just checking on my favorite people, you guys OK??

rdbean:
Ah...looks like the repair shops got all that business for nothing! Which is good for everyone and the economy!

and you never know.. in a months time you could get smacked dead-on by a category 4 and all the flailing during this dry-run will have been useful...

CheddarChick:
Just checking on my favorite people, you guys OK??

The storm is weakening and has moved past the Big Island. It's been downgraded to a tropical storm is moving well south of the rest of the islands. Big Island didn't even get much rain. We're not expected to get much on Oahu either. We are expected to get some high winds which are not helping with the big brush fire on the North Shore, which has been burning since Sunday.

We're fine. Thanks for the concern!:)

I have had maybe an inch or two of rain this morning. (big WOO)

I think my cynicism for the lack of preparedness of the average Honolulu citizen has been

we got it together yesterday around 2 pm. I blow dried my hair in case the power went out.

and you never know.. in a months time you could get smacked dead-on by a category 4 and all the flailing during this dry-run will have been useful...

now, that is very logical. The water we stored at 2 pm will still be there. ML would rather mock us.:crafty: and craft policies to force her cats on us in future shelter situations.

Back
Top Bottom