Hydro Cylinder Testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobeus

Contributor
Reaction score
Were can I get tanks hydro tested in Toronto were my steel tanks will come back rust free.

Thanks

Amobeus

The nature of hydro testing -- using water and then allowing to air dry, "encourages" the formation of rust in steel tanks.

I'm told a way of preventing this is having insides dried by using nitrogen right after the hydro is done. You might check out this possibility.

I go to a SCUBA shop that is a hydro station.
They do the visual and hydro and then dry and fill the tank.

No rust, no fuss, no mess.

The Scuba shop isn't that the shop that purchased the hydro system from Tam Dive. correct me if I'm wrong isn't the owner named Gim. and Freddy Brown from Tam dive is up there training them all how to do the hydro testing until they can manage it on there own. I heard scuba 2000 is also getting there tanks done there as well.

Thanks

Amobeus

we use a tank dryer at our shop. puts out a good amound of air pressure and the air is dried and heated. This ensures that the tanks are bone dry and quickly so there is little chance for rusting.

look for a shop that does more than blow air into the tank or let it drip dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom