HydroOptix leak problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

En Bloc

Contributor
Reaction score
So I picked up the HydroOptix 4.5DD mask last year and I absolutely love it. I'm a naked match for it and with everything I've gained from it I can't ever imagine going back to flat panel masks. Well, from the start the only issue I had was leaking, and I figured I'd just learn to use the purge valves. after 20 dives, I have purging down but I am still clearing every few minutes and it's a starting to be a serious pain.
I bought the mask from my LDS, so it came with the silver S3 skirt. The website says that the S3 is for medium-large faces without facial hair. I have a larger face than average and I shave with a razor an hour before each dive so I do not think the S1 is a good option.
I have used silicone grease once, but it was a small tube for some o-rings so I didn't slop it on, just a very thin layer around the edge.

I'm frustrated by this, but unwilling to separate from this awesome mask. Any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

i have the exact same problem. love the view but extremely annoyed at having to purge all the time. and i feel like its hurting my air consumption.

And that is the reason I am no longer the proud owner of the mask. My LDS says it is the best mask in the world for the 1% of divers who can wear it.

Tried everything I could think of without luck.

Initially i had that problem but not anymore. i have a long nose compare to other Asian. I don't remember why i didn't have leaks anymore. maybe i tightened it up properly. Occassionally i put silicone gel on the purge.

The only problme i have now is that the nano coating doesn't work anymore. i was told by Hydroptix to rub the lens with a slight bit of baby mild shampoo. I haven't done so. Even if i did i doubt it will work. Any of you having the same problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom