I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How could anybody get bored in Lake City? Open air boutique shopping malls, discos & bars with live music and an active night life, Sams Club, Costco, Barnes & Nobel, great grocery stores with fresh and ripe veggies, a large vegatarian/vegan community, lots of non-chain restaurants one better than the next, outlet center, Movie theatres showing 20 films simultaniously, an active theatre community, art showings in the boutiques etc?
But at least it's got access to Amazon:yeahbaby:

Michael

How could anybody get bored in Lake City? Open air boutique shopping malls, discos & bars with live music and an active night life, Sams Club, Costco, Barnes & Nobel, great grocery stores with fresh and ripe veggies, a large vegatarian/vegan community, lots of non-chain restaurants one better than the next, outlet center, Movie theatres showing 20 films simultaniously, an active theatre community, art showings in the boutiques etc?
But at least it's got access to Amazon:yeahbaby:

Michael

You forgot the international airport, cruise ship dock, F-1 racetrack where the annual Grand Prix de pickup truck is ran.

I've finally packed up most of the contents of my diving garage, still need to pack the workbenches, 10x 50L 300Bar tanks, and my compressor, + clothing, tropheys, pictures, a few books and my old waterbed frame.
Since I will still have lots of room left over in the 20' container and sorb is a lot more expensive in the USA, I ordered a pallet of my favorite sorb "Soda Lime HC 2.5-5.0mm" which should show up next week at a pretty good price. 136x 5L sorb cannesters or over 600kg of CD Grade sorb.

Michael

I should be showing up middle of May, and plan to make it to the NSS/CDS conference Saturday 23 May since I'll finally be living less than a mile away.

Michael

My Sorb showed up today.
136x 4.5kg Sofnolime, indicating, 2.0-5.0mm particle size.
20200313_093004[1].jpg
20200313_093058[1].jpg

Otherwise buy a home either in Gilchrist or Colombia counties because of the low property taxes.
Suwannee County is even lower and we have less government to deal with. :D

When we diving???

God, I hope soon! I'm hoping to have everything packed by the beginning of April. Then the container has to get shipped to the USA, and trucked to my house in Lake City. I hope that Donald will let me (an American) and my foreign (european short hair) cat in, without 2 weeks of quarantine. I have to buy a used minivan and be there when the container shows up in my driveway. It'll take me and my cat at least 2 weeks to unpack and sort everything away and if Kater isn't happy with my choices, it'll take longer.
I'm hoping to be able to dive the beginning of June.

Michael

Little River is blown out at the moment. Peacock is fine, as is Ginnie. I'm diving Troy with a couple of friends, but the water was up the last time I was there.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom