I don't get to dive as much as I'd like because...

Why don't you get to dive as often as you'd like?

• I DO dive as much as I'd like! What's YOUR problem?

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • It's all about the clams: too expensive/not in the budget

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • If only I had more TIME!

Votes: 52 35.6%
  • Let's blame it on my family/spouse/parents

Votes: 20 13.7%

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • Need more gear!

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • No buddies/not enough buddies/need more buddies

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Need more training

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The "keep this from being a bad poll" selection: Other

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Location. I live way to far from water that is warm enough. Cold water is anything below 80 degrees F.

What somebody said about time and money being inversely proportional...
There's work, commuting, household maintenance, and a million other obligations that I sometimes bag in order to dive, but not as often as I'd like to.
And it's winter in Chicago. I dive dry but I don't ice dive! Lake Michigan is plenty cold at depth even in the summer.
I need a fix!

My wife and I are only a year away from being empty nesters. I've been sitting at this desk everyday for 20 years. The countdown to plan B is on! Soon, the death of Mr. Responsible and the birth of Mr. Scuba Bum!

Its simple math:
Work = Paycheck and Paycheck = Airfills and trips

I don't dive as often as I'd like because sometimes I get a cold.

(I have to drive around five hours to get to the "local" dive sites, but that's not a big deal. With J. over in Japan, I don't have much else I need to do on the weekends.)

Let's see my dive buddy is in the Caymans working. Only one stinking week of vacation at my new job (I spent three weeks just diving last year). Also the nearest clear water is a long long way away.
I have the gear. I have the cash. No responsibilities at home (I am a renter). Just two puppies that need food and walking.

dallasdivergirl:
Just two puppies that need food and walking.

Yes, I forgot that part, I have a wonderful husky with MAJOR seperation anxiety and have yet to find a dive boat that will allow him onboard.

I am near the water, but conditions often turn me away. Bad couple of years for surf and vis in general. Otherwise, every weekend and now that my work went to a 4-day work week.....:D

Damn surf!

Back
Top Bottom