I drank the GUE Fundies Kool-Aid and survived!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations, Sammy girl!!! You're an amazing person and I know the dedication it took, frustration, and sense of accomplishment you must have upon completion of your class.

You beat me to it Sam!! <sigh> Congrats though!! Next time you, me, AND Carmen dive we should all be drunk off that kool-aid! That is if I could ever match schedules for a class! Argh...

Can't wait to get back in the water with you two. :winky:

I was curious about GUE and why it always brought out such heated emotions within the diving community. Given how polarizing the topic is on SB I did not tell many I was doing fundies last week mainly cause I did not want to deal with the naysayers.

Coming fresh off the fundies class and my first experience with a GUE class, I still do not understand the animosity toward GUE and its teaching. It's all about a streamlined rig, safe, precision and team diving which obviously is not for everyone

Hi Sam!

A huge congratulations girlfriend :D! Can't wait to share your enthusiasm/progress! Thanks for the great report. Enjoy London.

I'm pretty new here but definitely agree, from my first introduction to DIR diving I never understood what all the resistance and controversy towards it is about.

All my experience /research so far indicates - DIR is simply the best/safest dive education available that freely offers well researched guidelines to acquire amazingly functional/streamline gear.

Why would anyone argue with that? I am a bit perplexed.

Sam, I am so proud of you and I really enjoyed your excellent trip report!!! Way to go, girlfriend!

Congrats! :) Welcome to the club. Your decoder ringer should arrive in the mail soon!

Congrats Sam! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: (no one else gave kisses)

Congratulations!

I have now taken GUE classes from four different instructors, and have yet to hear anybody yell, or insult or demean students. That doesn't mean you don't get a dispassionate and occasionally damning debrief, but it's not done in a tone or attitude to make anybody just feel bad. They want you to IMPROVE, is all.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom