I Got a Hall Pass!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha... I far from an expert on Cozumel...

I booked my airfare and hotel on a whim (not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it appears like it'll be ok)...

I ended up going with Hotel Plaza Cozumel, and booked my dives with Blue XT...

It looks like the walk will be maybe 10 minutes to and from the Aldora Pier, and Blue XT is handling all my gear, so no schelpping of wet gear to and from the boat. The hotel should also be super convenient to all the downtown restaurants so I'm happy about that too.

All and all I'm sure the OP will find a great spot to stay, and shop to dive with...

This is next door to our airbnb. It's not a very far walk to the Blue XT boat. We will certainly be going back and staying in the same general local.

1. I would like a hotel that is clean & quite, and has a refrigerator and maybe a microwave.
  2. A valet dive Op that will pickup and dropoff at the hotel dock. I have used 3P's for my past dives in Coz and while I love them I do not think they can accommodate me for the hotel dock dropoff and pickup unless the hotel dock is south of the marina.
  3. I am not interested in AI resorts. I do not need a beach. I hate swimming pools.
  4. I have my own gear (except tank and weights of course) so that is not a consideration.
  5. I would prefer to be within walking distance of decent restaurants and grocery shopping.
Any recommendation/suggestions are appreciated! I have no set dates so I am flexible.
I am NOT looking for extreme budget either. I just don't need the high-end AI or resort stuff since I am going solo.

Suites Bahia (walk to Pier, short walk)
Casa Mexicana (Short walk)
Vista del Mar (Short walk)
I have stayed at all 3 and they will fit your needs as listed above other than having the pier directly at the hotel. All 3 are basic but centrally located to many good places to eat.
Barracuda (ocean front with a pier) Very basic rooms and can get a bit noisy in the afternoon with Cruise Ship's crew
Hotel Cozumel ( Pier at the hotel via an underground tunnel to their beach club, but about a 15-20 minute walk to the center of town) Larger spread out hotel/ resort with a good breakfast. Decent shore dive area, I have done a few day and night dives here.
I have been to all of the places listed above and based off of your post my recommendation would be an Ocean Front Room at Casa Mexicana.

My op of choice that usually would be able to accommodate pick up at any of the above is Blue XT Sea. Have fun with the research and the trip and happy retirement.

Gotcha... I far from an expert on Cozumel...

I booked my airfare and hotel on a whim (not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it appears like it'll be ok)...

I ended up going with Hotel Plaza Cozumel, and booked my dives with Blue XT...

It looks like the walk will be maybe 10 minutes to and from the Aldora Pier, and Blue XT is handling all my gear, so no schelpping of wet gear to and from the boat. The hotel should also be super convenient to all the downtown restaurants so I'm happy about that too.

All and all I'm sure the OP will find a great spot to stay, and shop to dive with...

Make sure you request a room that faces West (toward the water). The bars on the other side of the hotel are very loud. During my last stay at Plaza I had a room on the Eastside but luckily my toilet malfunctioned and I had to move across the hall.
Plaza.jpg

Casa Mexicana, Suites Bahia, or Hotel Plaza Cozumel (fridge on request) in town, a short walk from the downtown pier, and surrounded by myriad good eateries, and BlueXTSea, Aldora, Living Underwater, and I think one or 2 others pick up at the pier. I prefer the Plaza and Blue XTSea, but you won't go wrong with any of them.

Congrats on getting out of the corporate cluster&*%$ Best thing I ever did! What Basscat said ^

I can tell some of you have been to coz too many times. Let someone else go. :rofl3:

Make sure you request a room that faces East (toward the water).

I don't know why this happens to a lot of people, and it happens to me as well, but sometimes our sense of direction gets spun around when we are on Cozumel. Unless you are over on the "wild side" the water is to the (north)west.

I don't know why this happens to a lot of people, and it happens to me as well, but sometimes our sense of direction gets spun around when we are on Cozumel. Unless you are over on the "wild side" the water is to the (north)west.
Thanks for pointing that out, just changed it. You would think I would realize where the sun sets.

Casa Del Mar and get a hold of Christi with Blue XT Sea.

Gte down there june 7-15th and you can dive with me lol! :) I need a shore dive buddy too lol!
Looks like my trip will be mid-July. Thanks for the offer though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom