I had to stop watching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillCorinneHolzer.jpg

Did you mean the kneeling, digging up the bottom, hand swimming, loose tank, obvious narcosis with the moon shot, bicycle kicking, loose consoles, flailing to no end, etc?
Yeah so? What do you expect in this day and age?
Just another day in paradise...

Thanks for the feedback. Only dove Caribbean once in Mexico years ago. There were a couple of morons on the boat who had consumed alcohol prior to getting on the boat but nothing like the total idotic behavior and lack of training I saw in that video. I was considering booking a trip to Bonnaire with the local LDS but will go to their Lake Erie trip instead. I figure hard to expose your ass to everyone else when in dry suit temps. Thanks for the feedback. If this is common practice I have no interest in diving in the Caribbean again.
Does this happen, sure. Is it common? Maybe depends where you go. We have either been either lucky or made good picks on destinations and dive ops but rarely see people diving that badly. Liveaboards are one good way of reducing the odds of this, for a number of reasons people on liveaboards tend to take diving reasonably seriously and have had a decent amount of practice before they decide to do one. (Also pretty difficult to get away with drinking and diving on a liveaboard, generally zero tolerance for that.) I haven't been to Bonaire in a long time but also seems like a place you're less likely to see this sort of thing, for a variety of reasons. (And if you go there with a group you will presumably be shore diving with folks in your group, or maybe getting a boat to yourselves if you do boat dives, further reducing your chances of seeing the intoxicated chicken dance - unless you bring one with you.)

Well that's 17 mins of my life I'm never getting back
:fist:

Same here. I watched those noobs and din't see anything that would open my eyes on the average level of Caribbean OW diving.

The viz is outstanding tho. I should really try to dive somewhere outside the Northeast more.

Thanks for the feedback. Only dove Caribbean once in Mexico years ago. There were a couple of morons on the boat who had consumed alcohol prior to getting on the boat but nothing like the total idotic behavior and lack of training I saw in that video. I was considering booking a trip to Bonnaire with the local LDS but will go to their Lake Erie trip instead. I figure hard to expose your ass to everyone else when in dry suit temps. Thanks for the feedback. If this is common practice I have no interest in diving in the Caribbean again.

bonaire is self guided shore diving for the most part, not likely to be an issue. just avoid the cattle boats at big cruise ports.

Yea, why Dive in warm 100 feet viz when you can dive in frigid zero zero viz:poke:

Yea, why Dive in warm 100 feet viz when you can dive in frigid zero zero viz:poke:

Wrecks are more interesting to some of us than pretty fishies and coral. I’ll take frigid any day. Viz isn’t necessarily going to be cruddy.

176 cold(er) water dives with no plans for hitting warm and/or salt water anytime soon.

I managed to stop watching at 9 minutes. Bunch of muppets. They did manage to get past the sink 130' down to all kneel and act like fools stage.

Back
Top Bottom