Info Is DAN Insurance worthwhile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said they blew the response out of proportion because they failed to act in a timely manner. They then blamed DAN for not getting them out in a timely manner. The rest we need transcripts for.

DAN owned up to their mistakes, and there were a few.

Woody and Gus need to accept their part in this catastrophe. 3-4 hours of dicking around is my hangup. The rest is on par with being remote.
My response was to "exaggerating" not your post. Your post was fine, and I did not quote you.

"Blew the response out of proportion" or "over reacting" would be subjective or a disagreement on the appropriate level of response, while "exaggerating" is about dishonesty and misrepresentation.

Gus and Woody were honest about dicking around for several hours, after all, we got that info from Dive Talk.

This is never going to happen now. So much public hate towards them from members and staff on this board
There was another thread, with another incident that Dive Talk was nearby, and Gus did show up, and received a similar treatment.
Hate? I don't think anyone here hates them? You might be confusing hate with criticising them for what we believe they did wrong. You don't liking that is your prerogative, but please don't call us something we are not.
Some people are offering critique and analysis. Some people are engaging in personal attacks and making every attempt to publicly discredit Dive Talk in every way, including attacking their credibility in ways which are very off-topic.

My response was to "exaggerating" not your post. Your post was fine, and I did not quote you.

"Blew the response out of proportion" or "over reacting" would be subjective or a disagreement on the appropriate level of response, while "exaggerating" is about dishonesty and misrepresentation.

Gus and Woody were honest about dicking around for several hours, after all, we got that info from Dive Talk.
Thanks, I couldn't remember if one of my many deleted posts had alluded to that or not. I tried to avoid it, but I can be off my post game some days.

I have some thoughts after reading all of the comments from today. Utmost, It is so nice to read that DAN owned up and is making changes. I think you all need to cut those guys some slack; my god, so much animosity toward them on here. They did a detailed video and effected change from an organization which will benefit all of the dive community.

I think the question has been answered. DAN is not worthless and it would be wise to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom