Info Is DAN Insurance worthwhile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I absolutely agree that they are an entertainment channel.

They were specifically accused of exaggerating this situation by several people. What specifically did Dive Talk exaggerate?

Neither of us has a way of verifying that was true or not.

I repeat myself, what did Dive Talk themselves exaggerate?
I said they blew the response out of proportion because they failed to act in a timely manner. They then blamed DAN for not getting them out in a timely manner. The rest we need transcripts for.

DAN owned up to their mistakes, and there were a few.

Woody and Gus need to accept their part in this catastrophe. 3-4 hours of dicking around is my hangup. The rest is on par with being remote.

From DAN:

Dive Accident Insurance​

DAN dive accident insurance* is an affordable way for divers to obtain insurance against the costs of dive injuries that are often left uncovered by typical health insurance.

• Covers diving accidents & injuries, and some plans also cover nondiving and named water sports accidents & injuries
  • Pays 100% of eligible accident medical expenses up to US$500,000
  • Includes coverage for divers age 70 and over in the U.S. and Canada
  • Join DAN first, then add your insurance
  • Plans recognized worldwide
  • Annual coverage
hello check For Quebec citizens!

From DAN:

Dive Accident Insurance​

DAN dive accident insurance* is an affordable way for divers to obtain insurance against the costs of dive injuries that are often left uncovered by typical health insurance.

• Covers diving accidents & injuries, and some plans also cover nondiving and named water sports accidents & injuries
  • Pays 100% of eligible accident medical expenses up to US$500,000
  • Includes coverage for divers age 70 and over in the U.S. and Canada
  • Join DAN first, then add your insurance
  • Plans recognized worldwide
  • Annual coverage

DAN World
https://world.dan.org › membership...
Membership & Insurance FAQs - Canada

DAN World is currently unable to offer membership or dive accident insurance to Quebec residents. If you are a Quebec resident wishing to join or renew an ...

View attachment 818987
DAN World
https://world.dan.org › membership...
Membership & Insurance FAQs - Canada

DAN World is currently unable to offer membership or dive accident insurance to Quebec residents. If you are a Quebec resident wishing to join or renew an ...
???

Well, good on DAN for looking into this incident, accepting the mistakes that they made and making the necessary adjustments to improve.
Also, good on Dive Talk for raising the issues in a manner that gets them sorted quickly. I doubt that DAN would have resolved their SOPs so quickly if it was one of us complaining through the normal channels.

Sure would be nice if DT would come on here and collaborate with SB and do a Q and A to help the dive community learn from this event.

This is never going to happen now. So much public hate towards them from members and staff on this board

Well, good on DAN for looking into this incident, accepting the mistakes that they made and making the necessary adjustments to improve.
Also, good on Dive Talk for raising the issues in a manner that gets them sorted quickly. I doubt that DAN would have resolved their SOPs so quickly if it was one of us complaining through the normal channels.

This is never going to happen now. So much public hate towards them from members and staff on this board
Hate? I don't think anyone here hates them? You might be confusing hate with criticising them for what we believe they did wrong. You don't liking that is your prerogative, but please don't call us something we are not.

That said, I still believe it is unwise to travel to remote places without a credit card (better to have more than one) with a high limit in case things don't go as expected.
This is the belt & suspenders approach. If it had been a non-diving related emergency (I knew someone who slipped on wet grass in the dive spot parking area and broke his femur) then coverage is a lot more nebulous. And paying up front is the norm in most remote places. And you still might need an immediate medical evacuation to a higher-level facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom