I have done a new Divelog Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheGoast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have done a new Divelog Program Ver.4

Its been a while but I have got to a stage in the program where I need people to test it, to see if it all works OK.

I have been strugaling with the database so I have gone back to an SQL server database for the moment. this mens you may have to upgrade windows with MS SQL Server for it to run.
Its free here: SQL Server 2008 Express

It should run with Net Framework 3.5 installed but it may ask for you to install Net Framework 4.0. this is becouse I am trying out the new beta vertion of Visual Basic.
This is free also here:
Net framework 3.5
Net Framework 4b2

At the moment it only works out Pressure Groupes based on my PADI training (Need Testers).
But this time I have made the programe so I can add calculations based on other training if needed.

The program dose not Download dive info direct from the Dive Computer but will import data from quite a few dive computer programs database. (Need Testers)

Any one fancy giving it a try?
I have tryed to add all the options from the feedback I got with the previous version.

Get it here: Tim's Recreational Dive Log Ver 4

I have put some screen shots here: Screen Shots

Tim

Last edited:
I have done a new Divelog Program Ver.4

Its been a while but I have got to a stage in the program where I need people to test it, to see if it all works OK.

I have been strugaling with the database so I have gone back to an SQL server database for the moment. this mens you may have to upgrade windows with MS SQL Server for it to run.
Its free here: SQL Server 2008 Express

It should run with Net Framework 3.5 installed but it may ask for you to install Net Framework 4.0. this is becouse I am trying out the new beta vertion of Visual Basic.
This is free also here:
Net framework 3.5
Net Framework 4b2

At the moment it only works out Pressure Groupes based on my PADI training (Need Testers).
But this time I have made the programe so I can add calculations based on other training if needed.

The program dose not Download dive info direct from the Dive Computer but will import data from quite a few dive computer programs database. (Need Testers)

Any one fancy giving it a try?
I have tryed to add all the options from the feedback I got with the previous version.

Get it here: Tim's Recreational Dive Log Ver 4

I have put some screen shots here: Screen Shots

Tim

That's pretty cool. One recommendation. Port it to Java. This way you don't exclude anyone (OSX, *nix) from using the application as well.

D(B)

I have done some updates.

Does not require SQL Server 2008 Express only requires Net framework 3.5.

Stated doing the manual for it Click Here

Kit.jpg

TheGoast, looks nice, but for those of us not running Windows, it will be hard to test. :wink: If you port it any time in the future, I'd help test it, either linux or OS X.

cant get it to work on my linux machine... help???? lol

TheGoast, looks nice, but for those of us not running Windows, it will be hard to test. :wink: If you port it any time in the future, I'd help test it, either linux or OS X.

Linux has no chance, I only know MS VB.

Hi Tim

I had an older version of your software and just checked and found your new version. I have downloaded the new version 4 to try to test, but keep getting errors. I uninstalled the old version and deleted the "My Dive Documents" in "My Documents." I also uninstalled .NetFramework 3.5 SP1 and went back with the link you listed for just 3.5 after having trouble.

I keep getting an error "An Error Has Occured Loading Kit Database. Dive Loc Will Not Start Untill This Is Rectified."

Second Error: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "KitType". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Have any ideas? ... I love the looks of your software!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Hi Tim

I had an older version of your software and just checked and found your new version. I have downloaded the new version 4 to try to test, but keep getting errors. I uninstalled the old version and deleted the "My Dive Documents" in "My Documents." I also uninstalled .NetFramework 3.5 SP1 and went back with the link you listed for just 3.5 after having trouble.

I keep getting an error "An Error Has Occured Loading Kit Database. Dive Loc Will Not Start Untill This Is Rectified."

Second Error: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "KitType". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Have any ideas? ... I love the looks of your software!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Hi Chris, I think I mest it up a bit adding a lot of stuff for some one else, I altered a few of the databases.

I have uploaded a new version.

Un-install the previous one and delete "My Dive Documents" folder befor instaling the new version.

Let me know how you get on please.

Tim

Hi Tim

Thanks so much for the response. I downloaded the new version and it works great. I also sent you an email about a serial number.

Thanks in advance and the software looks great!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom