I have never been so proud to be a Texican.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple days ago, the HEB in Dripping Springs was down to premium (selling at "regular" price rather than premium). They are shut down.

Had a trip planned for San Antonio on Friday. Think I will pass on that and keep the powder dry. Three vehicles, two with full tanks and one with half a tank

Wise move, avoid any unnecessary road travel, I suspect this will take longer than forecast to recover from, save gas for those trips to work, doctor...necessities.

There is a gas shortage here in Austin because people here in Austin think there is going to be a gas shortage here in Austin. Look up "self fulfilling prophesy" and you see a picture of this.

Lake Jackson is calling for voluntary evacuation for the area W. of SH288 & N. of FM 2004 (my neighborhood). Flood waters are coming from the west of this area flowing toward these areas. The streets in this area will flood with no way in & no way out.

A quick check this morning:
Oyster Creek level went up another 6". FM2004 towards Jones Creek is closed. Buffalo Camp is flooded.

So you're saying the supply of gas to the Metroplex didn't decline ?
Sure it declined. Many people panicked and the demand increased. Gas stations ran out because they sold much more gas then they normally do. I would imagine getting deliveries to meet the high demand on such short notice was not possible. I work near a tanker truck fill station an saw tanker trucks running all day. Talked to someone yesterday who waited 2 hours to get gas, there were two cars in front of them when the gas ran out.

Lake Jackson is calling for voluntary evacuation for the area W. of SH288 & N. of FM 2004 (my neighborhood). Flood waters are coming from the west of this area flowing toward these areas. The streets in this area will flood with no way in & no way out.

A quick check this morning:
Oyster Creek level went up another 6". FM2004 towards Jones Creek is closed. Buffalo Camp is flooded.
I hope your home and family are safe.

Reactions: Dan
Sure do ric. House was uw tied up our boat to front door

Good luck dan_t. I survive on the NW side, water running down to you. Good luck bro.

Reactions: Dan
Good luck dan_t. I survive on the NW side, water running down to you. Good luck bro.

Good to hear that, bro! So far my house is staying dry. Keep my fingers crossed & pray to God for no more level rising in Oyster Creek. The level was at 17.8'. The record is 19'.

Back
Top Bottom