I need a good gun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksb070279

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to spear fishing. i lve in Panama City Fl and I have heard that we have alot of natural bottom here and a few good wrecks. I dont think that i would be doing much blue water hunting. I have been looking at 42 inch Omer woody. Any other suggestions.

Wong.

as if I know....

but that is what the good hunters all say around here.

Wong is a very high end gun, with the matching costs. I can hook you up with an Ab biller. Basically this brand is one of the best of the non "custom" guns.

Brent

Check out Riffe. Fine craftsmanship and still made right here in San Clemente, CA.

ksb070279:
I am new to spear fishing. i lve in Panama City Fl and I have heard that we have alot of natural bottom here and a few good wrecks. I dont think that i would be doing much blue water hunting. I have been looking at 42 inch Omer woody. Any other suggestions.

ksb,

Since you live in a clear water area I'd recommend a 48" to 57" gun. Going with too small of a gun is one of the biggest mistakes you can make starting out.

Omer guns are mostly freediving guns. There are major differences in gun models for specific shooting styles and fish species.

Some good names in scuba spearguns would be: Top models - Daryl Wong, Riffe.
Mid price range - A B Biller, Sea Hornet, and JBL.

Chad

ksb070279:
whats wong ( Asian for are you sic?)

Dr. Daryl Wong. Nice guy to deal with. Unbeatable warranty. When their new Aimrite gun handle came out he sent me one free of charge as a sample. I have a gun also from Gil of Spear-Diver. Great guy as well. A future addition to my arsenal will be a gun from Steve of Poseidonsub.

Really the shipping cost is hurting my pocket :( but when those long tubes arrive at my doorsteps I just tend to forget about it.:luxhello:

Cheers/Safe diving,

Thanx for all of your suggestions. It has helped me alot. Are there any special features that i shouldnt live without? Like a quick loader (I think tht is what it is called) ect..

Back
Top Bottom