I need a new knife, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody is supposed to even touch the wrecks, so I'm not sure what you're prying.

It is true that there are some wrecks you are not supposed to touch. (When I dove the wreck, Gunilda, I was informed that the Canadian government prohibited touching it.) It is permissable, however, to touch most wrecks. In fact, in order to penetrate a wreck it is almost always necessary to do so.

As for needing a pry tool, it is handy to move hatches or pieces of wreckage that might otherwise impede passage or pose an entrapment problem. I recently made a dive on a fishing boat that sank a couple of months ago. I needed a pry tool to get into some compartments so that I could salvage some personal items that the owner wanted to get back.

Get a titanium fold up to put in your bc pocket, which I use. No need to fear that the knife will fall out of the holder. Or a leg mount one. They will run you between 30=50 dollars

Titanium Knife, Dive Knives, ScubaToys, Titanium Knife
Oceanic Titanium Knife, Dir & Tech-Cutting Devices, Oceanic, Oceanic Titanium Knife
Blue Reef Titanium Folding Knife from LeisurePro.com

If you want a BC knife
Buy Scuba titanium bc knife KN-100TI with reviews at scuba.com
Blue Reef 3" Mini Titanium BC Knife from LeisurePro.com

If knives are easily lost, then why aren't the manufacturers make a more secure sheath or holster? Just makes me wonder.

I second the fold up titanium. I does not need to be coated in silicone after the dive and it can be store right beside your hand, right where you need it, not way down on your leg. Being a flip style knife it will not need a sheath and if you loose and and someone finds it, well, they won't need one either :)

I'm using EMT shears. I *think* those're better than a knife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom