I Need check out dives in Cancun...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all:

I'm brand new to diving and I'm going to Cancun at the end of Feb. I'm taking the class and pool work here but I want to do my check out dives in Cancun. Any good operations for a newbie? I want a place that will pick me up (if possible). We are staying about 20 mins north of the airport. Please advise...

Thanks,

PB

PS--anytime I try to do a search on threads, it tells me the search criteria doesn't meet the minimum of 3 words. I don't understand because the phrase I'm typing in is more like 6 words.....

Hi. I'm going with Ben at Mayan Aqua Dive for the exact same thing at the end of Feb. Don't take my slots! He comes very highly recommended on this board. mayanaquadive.com.

I leave Feb 19th, and hope to start my first dives on the 20th, the second set on the 22nd, and then I'm going to try to schedule at least four more dives. My wife and her sister plan to do Discovery Dives with him, too.

So, again, make sure you don't take my slots! ;-)

You will enjoy diving with Ben.
My wife thinks of Ben as the Turtle from the movie Finding Nemo.
He's very laid back and loves what he does for a living.
While we were diving with Ben last spring, my daughter, neighbor's son and
my nephew all took the discovery class. They did the classroom, the pool ,
then did 2 ocean dives. They loved it, and want to go back.
Enjoy, Jim Breslin

Im going to agree with your previous posters. Ben and his crew at Mayan Aqua Dive are awesome!!! They will cater to your needs. Another biggie is they pick you up at your hotel and take you to their boat. Other dive shops do not offer that and you have to get public transportation. While the bus is not that expensive it is a hassle to know where and when to stop the bus their a dive shop. Much easier and less stress to just be picked up. "stress" should not be in your vocabulary when on vacation, even if you are doing your open water dives. They will make you feel as comfortable underwater as above. 1st rate!

JBRES1, your wife is right about Ben, could be the accent or just his laid back demeanor either way he is great! kawabunga dude!

I emailed him the night before we left the states and by the time we arrived at our hotel, he had left a message for us on our room phone. NOW THAT IS SERVICE.
You won't be disappointed by Mayan Aqua Dive.

Have fun, good luck with your class, IT IS AN ADDICTION!
Jill

Another vote for Ben. Fast boat, great staff and great customer service. Hard to get that these days. You have a problem or an issue, tell him right away. He will get it sorted out for you.

He is located behind Hotel Internationale de Cancun at KM 4.5. Insure you get his cell number before going down, sometimes it's difficult to get information within the Hotel. You can also contact Thomas Moore Travel since he is associated with them in the Royals.

Hope you have great weather and dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom