I need free gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could sell the "Ultra Dry Overpriced Gimmick Scubapro Snorkel" (from profile) on ebay...

Why do you think we should give you something for free that we've worked our asses off to get the money to buy?:confused:

Get a job!

JimLap:
If you are serious about becoming a seal why not just enlist now? My son got a 40K enlistment bonus from the Air Force.

USSOCOM doesn't take people who can't figure out how to get necessities without begging. They like people who can actually solve a minor problem.

Kingpatzer:
USSOCOM doesn't take people who can't figure out how to get necessities without begging. They like people who can actually solve a minor problem.

I'm solving a problem by asking. I'm not begging.

dark_basic:

Expecting something for free that others have to work for is the definition of begging!

Go to your local dive spots with a sign "Will Work for Gear", you might get something.

But seriously, hitting people up for free gear isn't the way to do it. You've been given options here. A second job is your best bet, stop selling t-shirts and get a better job. Work for it.

Dude...you're sitting there on your can begging from the privacy & comfort of home. At least have enough dignity to get up off your butt, make a sign & panhandle on a street corner somewhere. You gonna need someone to breath for you through those regs?

Ok, I've got to go find someone to pay off my mortgage now

dark_basic:
Are you solving a problem, or creating one? It seems to me like you're doing an excellent job of casting yourself in a negative light before people who might be willing to help you otherwise. Has it gotten you the gear you want?

By definition, earnestly asking for charity is begging. You may be stopping just short of groveling, but don't fool yourself.. you're panhandling. The only difference between what you're doing and asking for change on the street is that you're sitting behind a computer and asking for a lot more than change.

I worked to earn my gear. If you aren't willing to do that for yourself, why should anyone do it for you?

I have a mares abyss reg that you can have free.....shipping and handling will cost you $800.00.

Back
Top Bottom