I saw something strange in Travis yesterday ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was planning on just working around the house on Saturday, but when I stepped outside and felt that brisk winter air all I could think was "Perfect dry suit diving weather!" So honey-do's and viz be damed - I threw the gear in the car and headed out for a little solo time at Mansfield.

Immediately after entering the water, I could tell something was not right. Then at about 50 feet I saw them ... right there in front of me ... my hand, my gauges, a full 3+ feet from my mask ... I COULD SEE THEM !!!!

Could it be that the viz Gods are taking those first tentative steps to return to Travis??? On can only hope ...

I
Immediately after entering the water, I could tell something was not right. Then at about 50 feet I saw them ... right there in front of me ... my hand, my gauges, a full 3+ feet from my mask ... I COULD SEE THEM !!!!

Wow. Are you sure you were in Travis? :wink:

Wow Dude.... 3 feet of Vis ! that's almost as good as Lake Pat Mayse.
Lake Texoma has 6 to 8 feet of vis right now.

ScubaTexasTony and I got to do a dive yesterday too and saw 6 to 7 feet of vis at Daingerfield State Park.

Yes Sir....
We gave our Wives the Ultimate Valentines Day Gift.

A few hours away from they're Husbands !!! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom