I wish I would have brought...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot my snorkle.
Gloves - i get blisters from hydroid stings and as a photographer I got a lot of stings. Very prolific in Raja Ampat. Hydrocortozone.
Liquour cause I drank over $100 worth of beer and soda during 10 days. $3 per beer and $2 per soda.
Bring all your medication - over the counter and perscription. Are you alergic to mold? Some of the wood boats can have a bad case of it.
I did bring my 5mm full suit with old 5mm hood and was very comfortable the whole trip.

Indonesia:
Less clothes
Hydrocortisone cream
Sun screen!
Sunglasses and hat (its sunny on the deck)
Medication (if needed) + ibuprofen/asprin
Spare parts (o-rings, mask strap or fin heel straps)
A nice book!
Plug adapter for recharging computer, cameras or battery charger

So is all this stuff just useful in Indonesia, or .....?

Just sayin' .... :wink:

Lol...I am traveling to Bali next month for a trip on the Mermaid II. Guess it just landed in this forum...haha

---------- Post added May 7th, 2013 at 12:02 PM ----------

Your best after-shave. You never know who you're going to meet, right?

Im proposing to my girlfriend on this trip...meeting someone else isn't on my agenda..lmao

...Im proposing to my girlfriend on this trip...meeting someone else isn't on my agenda..lmao

Congratulation...what a great spot to propose. I would love to see what you do to up beat this one on your 50th anniversary :)

BTW - I hope she does not read SB until after the proposal. :eyebrow:

Been awhile since I've done a liveaboard trip and my cursory perusal of the forums didn't help jog my memory, so here is the question:

What did you forget or what did you wish you would have brought on your last liveaboard trip?

Hydration salts and Z-pac (Azithromycin) for you and your partner. Common stomach bugs in SE Asia are largely resistant to Cipro (Thank You India !!).

Im proposing to my girlfriend on this trip...meeting someone else isn't on my agenda..lmao
Then, don't forget the ring! :D :D :D

ImodiumAD or store brand equivalent - boy did I need that my last week there.
Sudafed - 12 hour or store brand equivalent - the good stuff that they need to see your license for purchase.
Aleve or store brand equivalent - cause repetitive diving may give your ears a little barotrauma and they will get inflamed. equalize, equalize, equalize - frequently and gently. I got in 53 dives in 3 weeks - only missed one opportunity due to my gut.
Six plug outlet without breaker fuse or light - just cheap strip. 220 volt will blow both and most battery chargers are dual voltage EXCEPT standard APPLE - ***they have an international version that you can buy. $40.
High pressure spindle O-rings and Wireless Air pressure transmitter O-ring (not in everyones o-ring kit) - had to replace my spindle o-rings on my high pressure guage.
Duct tape or some of that crazy tape that sticks to itself.

Propose early in the trip so she can wear the ring. Have her keep the ring covered if it is a huge sparkler as some fish think it may be something it would like to eat;-) - insure it.

ImodiumAD or store brand equivalent - boy did I need that my last week there.
My last live a board had a pharmacist as a guest. For those who don't know me, I usually order my waiter/watress' favorite meal. Well, we were eating at a Chinese place with some wonderful new friends who were vegans. So, I ordered what one of them had ordered. Before we left, I was in distress. Luckily, this pharmacist had the premium grade "stuff" that was better than Imodium on board. I made the last two dives because of it! :D :D :D Now, i have a year's supply. I'm OK with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom