i300 issue while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently had an issue while diving with my console i300. On my third dive of the day, the computer gave me a DTR of 22 minutes for a depth of 95 ft in the plan mode. After reaching 94 ft my computer went into deco mode and stated my max depth was 88 ft and gave me a 10ft deco stop for 93 minutes. I obtained a download cable and reviewed the dive. 2 minutes into the dive at 22 ft it shows a DTR of 9 hrs and 59 minutes. Within the same minute it shows dropping to 34 ft and having 0 DTR and putting me into deco.
I have attached a screen shot of the info in diverlog.

The original firmware was 1A and I updated to 1D.
At this point I have no confidence in the reliability of the computer and need to know how I should proceed. I don't know if the update "fixed" any issues or what.

I also posted this in the manufacturer forum, but wanted to get more general feedback from other divers.

Attachments

• i300 random deco Jan-11-2017 screenshots.docx
    562.4 KB · Views: 53
I recently had an issue while diving with my console i300. On my third dive of the day, the computer gave me a DTR of 22 minutes for a depth of 95 ft in the plan mode. After reaching 94 ft my computer went into deco mode and stated my max depth was 88 ft and gave me a 10ft deco stop for 93 minutes. I obtained a download cable and reviewed the dive. 2 minutes into the dive at 22 ft it shows a DTR of 9 hrs and 59 minutes. Within the same minute it shows dropping to 34 ft and having 0 DTR and putting me into deco.
I have attached a screen shot of the info in diverlog.

The original firmware was 1A and I updated to 1D.
At this point I have no confidence in the reliability of the computer and need to know how I should proceed. I don't know if the update "fixed" any issues or what.

I also posted this in the manufacturer forum, but wanted to get more general feedback from other divers.

How deep and long were the two earlier dives?

How deep and long were the two earlier dives?

See attached for previous dive profiles.

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    555.2 KB · Views: 59
I went back and worked the numbers and everything was fine for the dive.

What i am not getting is how can it go from the 9hr 59 minute dtr to absolutely zero and going into deco by just dropping 12 ft into the next atmoshphere.

I agree that your two dives do not look out of the ordinary. What is the tissue loading number out of? It started at 4 for the third dive and stopped at 5 when you went into deco. If 5 is the max then it is as if you had not had a proper surface interval. However, you did and the planning mode agreed. Looks like a bug to me.

The profiles did each have a not so gradual ascent, but only maybe 5m or 7m/minute.

If I had made this device I would be very keen to get my hands on it to figure out what happened.

i suggest using a different computer and not diving that one until you can return it to the manufacturer. It will be interesting to know how long the no fly was.

Since you mentioned the tissue loading number, another interesting point is that i ended my first dive with a tissue loading of 2, but my second dive started with a tissue loading of 4????
When tissue loading hits 5 is the deco mode.

As an update, divers supply replaced my computer at no charge.
They agreed that the data resulted in a computer error. Aqualung themselves did not help nor offer explanation.
This incident just reaffirms my notion to plan dives the old fashioned way with tables and a watch or carry a backup computer. The reliance on technology is a fine line.

Very weird that it would have obviously bad data from earlier dives (like ending at 2 but starting next dive at 4), but then the Planner would give you a reasonable result.

I would definitely suggest to make sure your new computer is on the latest firmware before you dive it. If it's not, you could end up with the same predicament as before. The manufacturer would most likely say "you need to update to the latest firmware and then see if there is a problem before we can help you" - if they say anything at all, of course.

I asked AL if they could tell me what "bugs" were fixed in each firmware update from 1A to 1B,1C, and 1D. Their response was:

Hello Glenn,

Unfortunately, we currently know that it is under "bugs and fixes" type of updates. We plan to get more information about the updates with Pelagics when they inform us more in details.

Best Regards,

AquaLung Customer Service

Saul Ballesteros

Email: customer.service@aqualung.com

Phone: 760-597-5000

IOW, AL has their computers made by PPS and they don't really know jack about them....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom