"ICE" your cell phone - Worth reading...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting concept as far as looking for emergency contact number. Unfortunatly not all Paramedics know about this system. I am a career paramedic and this is the first I had heard of it. To be honest, in the case of an emergency I'm not really worried about who needs to be contacted for the patient. That's for the hospital to sort out. The most I might look for is an ID so I know who my patient is. I can give that information to the hospital/police and let them notify who needs to be notified. We can't worry about searching for someone's cell phone in hopes that they'll have some information there we can use. That's valuable time that I can spend doing other things that need to be done. A contact card in the wallet for when the hospital goes through it is a better idea in my opinion.
Shane

ehfireems:
We can't worry about searching for someone's cell phone in hopes that they'll have some information there we can use. That's valuable time that I can spend doing other things that need to be done. A contact card in the wallet for when the hospital goes through it is a better idea in my opinion.
Shane

I agree totally. I've never heard of it either.

Ditto here. Not a one of us has heard about it in my station.

This was forwarded to us at our Dept. and I think that it is a great idea. Not sure if they are trying to get any national EMS Organizations involved or not.

Wildbill:cop_2:

My Mom was telling me about this today. Seems to be going around and getting more reconigtion. I helped a woman today in an accident till the paramedics arrived. She was unconcious and in pretty bad shape. Luckily she came to conciousness while we were holding her neck and head still. She could move her arms and such so I think she will make it through. Would be interesting to know if she had an ICE on her phone for when they were taking her to the hospital so they could have an emergency contact already established. I was telling my girlfriend I was going to put this on my phone and that she should too. Glad to see there is a conversation on this system that seems to be gaining some popularity.

An emergency contact card in the wallet is a valid option too. Why not do both.. :)

Matt

Ive got "home" on my phone. That should be fairly self explanatory to anyone with half a braincell.

String:
Ive got "home" on my phone. That should be fairly self explanatory to anyone with half a braincell.

Is someone always "home" to answer and give needed info?

Wildbill:cop_2:

Given its the same number as my next of kin contact then there is just as much chance of an answer on there as anywhere else.

I live alone, so putting Home in mine cell phone wouldn't help me. I have lots of family listed, but who would know.

I put "ICE - Randy" and my brother's phone number. Changing it my daughter's. I keep forgetting that she's an adult now, and she has a Voice Mail machine with other contact numbers.

For my cell phone customers, I'm just going to ask: "Who would you like called in case of emergency?"

Hmm, maybe the entries I use titled "mom" and "home" are too difficult for some to understand???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom