Icon HD review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Mares Icon computer and I'm about to change from single tank to twin tank. Will the computer still work with twins?

You can set a "tank" to be much higher cf value for doubles/etc. Settings -> Set Dive -> Gas integration -> Tank Volume

Small homemade upgrade :)
Mandrel of a charging adapter. Modeled and 3D printed. If you have 3D printer or your neighbor have, PM me. I will give you STL file :wink:

SAM_1165.JPG SAM_1166.JPG

I am a long time user of the Mares Icon HD. I bought one even before it was Net Ready. It has been a love hate relationship at times. As an early adopter, I had no problems with the Icon before it was air integrated. Worked every time with no problems at all. Even the charger, some of you have complained about, has never been a problem for me. Just takes some time to understand how to get it aligned every time. By the way, even though I have never used it, I bought a spare clip from LeisurePro so if one prong is lost, I have a backup when out of the country. One tip, when removing the clip, pull up on the prongs so they do not contact the case. This could loosen the prongs. Now, I will admit I had many problems with the initial air integration computer. It would stop talking to the transmitter. I went through three (replacement free of charge) transmitters. After pointing out my frustration on this forum, Mares did the right thing and replaced my old one with a Icon HD Net Ready Black and transmitter and i have logged 50 dives without a problem of no communication between the transmitter and the computer. If you believe the display sucks, compare it to an old Scubapro Galileo. As the Icon blows it out of the water (pun intended). All in all, I still firmly believe this is one of the best dive computers on the market. I have used the ICON since 2010. Back then color TFT screens were unheard of, now all the major manufactures are using them such as Scubapro's new G2. So Mares has been on the cutting edge for 7 years. I hope this helps others.

I currently have 65 dives on an Icon HD I purchased last year in Nov. I need to replace the battery at some point as it's life is coming to an end but other than once when the computer wasn't updating and I needed to move my arm nearer to the transmitter for a moment and it was all happy. I looked at all the new color computers coming out (in watch form) and they mostly all had the simple problem of eating batteries. I don't like to break the seal of equipment when I don't have to, and so needing to change a battery on a computer every few weeks or couple of months seemed crazy to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom