If I do not know the intermediate pressure supplied by the 1-st stage, which 2-nd stage to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This whole thread may make my head explode. We live in a made in China throw away world because people so often, hmmm, purposely purchase non-serviceable, throw away junk instead of serviceable quality items, as in, some will go to any expense to save a $. I am not sure, in fact I am sure, I do not even understand the meaning of post #1 or subsequent. What is the question again? Something about China and regulators with an IP of 50 and people living longer in UK than somewhere, it is very confusing and I do not think my confusion has anything to do with my being nearly 70 yo.

This whole thread may make my head explode. We live in a made in China throw away world because people so often, hmmm, purposely purchase non-serviceable, throw away junk instead of serviceable quality items, as in, some will go to any expense to save a $. I am not sure, in fact I am sure, I do not even understand the meaning of post #1 or subsequent. What is the question again? Something about China and regulators with an IP of 50 and people living longer in UK than somewhere, it is very confusing and I do not think my confusion has anything to do with my being nearly 70 yo.
Try post #13. If you are 70, you have only a 1 in 7 chance of making it to 75.
I guess that is because some 2nd stages assume an IP of 50 psi. :wink:

Try post #13. If you are 70, you have only a 1 in 7 chance of making it to 75.
I guess that is because some 2nd stages assume an IP of 50 psi. :wink:

I think @tarponchik should get one of those Bism White Bean regulators that are all the rage now with discriminating divers :poke:. That alone might cancel her ticket:stirpot:.

And don't forget the your heated vest with batteries inside your Drysuit
Better to buy these heated pads that react with O2 and use an O2 suit inflate for instant BBQ :)

And then what am I going to do with it? Sell it on SB? My garage is already full of such junk.
No - you'll use it to periodically check your regs proactively or if you notice something seems off. I check the IP on regs (absolute value and ensure their is quick and positive IP lock with no creep) several few weeks before any dive trips so I have time to get things fixed if I see an issue.

I also check after I have service done. I once picked up one of my regs after service and checked the IP at home - lo and behold, it was not locking up. If I did not have an IP gauge, I would have headed out on a trip with a reg that very well might have had a free flow issue while diving. An IP gauge is a cheap, compact tool that all divers with their own gear should own and use - it is in no way "junk"!

Dunno about back then, but today life expectancy in GB is greater than in US. So 1 in 7 ma be an underestimation.
Are you obese like many Americans as that is largely driving that stat, I'd bet. If otherwise healthy, then I'd disregard those high level life expectancy stats as they are not really applicable to you... and adopt a healthier outlook on life - 70 ain't that old these days so embrace it and prove the stats wrong.

Are you obese like many Americans as that is largely driving that stat, I'd bet. If otherwise healthy, then I'd disregard those high level life expectancy stats as they are not really applicable to you... and adopt a healthier outlook on life - 70 ain't that old these days so embrace it and prove the stats wrong.
Nah, I'm reasonably fit and can still do 25 pull-ups on a good day. But we never really know.

No - you'll use it to periodically check your regs proactively or if you notice something seems off. I check the IP on regs (absolute value and ensure their is quick and positive IP lock with no creep) several few weeks before any dive trips so I have time to get things fixed if I see an issue.

I also check after I have service done. I once picked up one of my regs after service and checked the IP at home - lo and behold, it was not locking up. If I did not have an IP gauge, I would have headed out on a trip with a reg that very well might have had a free flow issue while diving. An IP gauge is a cheap, compact tool that all divers with their own gear should own and use - it is in no way "junk"!
OK, can you please give me a link? You guys intrigued me. I'd like to take a look at this magic thingy.

Back
Top Bottom